• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Yo hey the bass!

mngrif

I didn't even realize there was an introduction area before I started posting... ahwell.

I've been computing since I was perhaps 4 years old, starting off on an Apple II playing Reader Rabit (IIRC...), and things only got worse...

Through my horrible luck with money, I'm now surrounded by piles of ancient peices of hardware that refuse to die on me. Most of this stuff is 386-class (I know, hardly vintage...), but there's a few shining gems laying around gathering dust, including an LC IIfx that's just begging me to find it a video card and throw NetBSD on it.

Afterall, an AMD is far too much power to host my website, isn't it?

Regardless, I've been in the game far too long to not have known there was an active community revolving around it, especialy since I'm a major advocate of open source software, which sometimes tends to be geared for older machines... Sometimes...

Which reminds me, to all of you looking for a legit copy of MS-DOS or the like, check out a project called FreeDOS. It's more or less inactive right now, but it's only because the product they've put out is very robust and complete. In the interest of not sounding like an advertisement, I'm not posting a link. Google is your friend :)

For more useless information about me and my online meanderings, http://lsdmt.ath.cx

I also enjoy psytrance, dNb, long walks on the beach, warm rain, broke hardware, and impossible to use software.

I'll be around...

atari2600a said:
Heads up, don't ask the Administrator how long it takes to become a senior member! He punishes those who ask that with horrid anti-seniority!

LMAO, at least one of us still has a sense of humor. Good one Erik....

Welcome to the VC Forums!

-VK

Actually I'm in the Kentucky area, but no Lisa, sorry. I know, I want one too :)

I'm thinking that after I fully debug this T3100e I'll see about putting NetBSD on my Mac Classic. It has an MMU so it should work. Somehow :\

Yay!
T3100e's are cool. Mine doesn't work properly though. I ought to dig it out again really...

Back