• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • Exhibitor application for VCF West 2022 is now open! If you are interested in exhibiting, please fill out the form here.
  • Here are the results of the VCF East 2022 Post Event Survey: Survey Results

your favorite portable

linuxlove

Veteran Member
list your favorite portable here. mine would be... a compaq portable!

:jumping7:
:laundry::raygun2:

i dunno why i put those smilies up there...

orlandoave

I also like the old CPPC. I have several, and some of which don't display video.
I wondering if it is a flyback issue. Anyone know?

arfink

Experienced Member
I got a Tandy 102 and a 200. They're definitely my favorite portable computers of all the ones I own.

ppo

Experienced Member
My Macintosh Powerbook (only portable I have).

Managed to get it working for the first time since I bought it in August 2009!

DOS lives on!!

Veteran Member
I like and have the Panasonic Sr. Business Partner portable. I like it because of it's built in printer, robust design, and a place to store a power cable in the back.

shoe

Hi, new guy here.

Favorite portable; without a doubt - Cambridge Z88. So slick, SO portable!
BBC BASIC.
PipeDream wordprocessor
Filemanager
OZ Operatingsystem
Uppgradable to 512Kb internal memory, 4MB in total, Flashcards available (or build your own).

A remarkable little machine. New in stock from resellers _today_ both in the UK and US. I got mine for free from a friend who bought it at a flee market for a few bucks with 128k RAM and 32k EPROM.

Also take a look at the Amstrad NC-100, I think it's pretty similar. I also have an Osborne 1, but it's currently out of order. Working on that... Bad RAM I think :(

Windows2000

Experienced Member
Outbound laptop/notebook: Motorola 68000 Macintosh clone. Lots of unique things about it. When it was released in 1989 it required a Macintosh SE or Plus ROM in order to fully boot. While this may have been a turn-off to some who were looking for a true Macintosh laptop it's nearly $4000 price tag made it appealing when you consider the "luggable" Macintosh Portable was nearly $7000. If you needed your donor Mac working again, simple plug a cable from your laptop into it. It also had a horizontal scroll bar as a pointing device, something I've yet to see on any other portable computer.