• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

We are the n00b. Prepare to read this thread. Resistance is futile!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^^Haha, very funny Erik!

I'm gonna try to say this as jokingly as possible, but I do know that there's plenty of exploits for the software your host uses. & I'm sure there's plenty of JavaScript holes in vBulliten too.

Keep guessing. . .

And don't try nothin' - I can do much worse than "Never Senior," Señor. ;)

Atari, I suggest you do NOT attempt cracking this website. I assure you, the reprocussions would be displeasing. Plus, you'll never be senior...rofl..Good one Erik.

Erik, did you change my code? If not, maybe it was the exploit itself redirecting to a photo that came with vBulletin (I doubt it), but I think the exploit was broken, because nothing's in my email inbox. (It was supposed to send me the cookie of whomever clicked on it)

Don't you think it is time to quite mascarading now? Just chill, you don't have any reason to try and persuade anyone you are a 1337 h4x0r or something.

FWIW, Java and JavaScript (ECM script) are two completely different things, but I'm sure Erik already knows that. SQL injection is a such well-known source of problems that I'm sure developers of a commercial bulletin board have taken measures to prevent it. Besides, what would be the point trying to hack a site you're participating on? It is like sawing off the branch you're sitting on.

If he thinks he is going to get my cookies in an email from me accessing an image, I doubt he knows what he is talking about.
I understand he could have hidden a url in there and had the wrong thing displayed, but I always check properties before I access. I have gotten too many porting(access a site that causes your 80 and 21 ports to close) jokes done to me to fall for it.

Exactly. Your not a 7eet HAx0R so quit messing with the board software or the little title that says never senior will change to a more simply "Banned"

Just quit it, no one's impressed and your just going to get your self into trouble.

-VK

alexkerhead said:
I believe I must concur with Vlad. Hacking is the worst forum offense. Too bad there really isn't more than banning someone that can be done.

Oh, there are indeed worse things than banishment...(not that I'd know anything about these techniques, of course).

--T

Well, tracing down (if possible) the ISP the abusive party is connected through and shut him down and if serious hacking was attempted, perhaps file a legal complaint. It is overkill, but not completely unheard of.

For what it is worth, I'm quite certain one can have a server-side script called something.gif that upon accessing it, tries to pull information from the web browser (and/or send an email) and yet output Content-Type: image/gif etc so a properties check will not reveal anything in particular.

This thread has gone on way too long. That being said ...

We are all aware of Atari2600's age and enthusiasm, including Erik who has been 'playing along'. There's no need to pile on and tell him to knock it off .. and even if there is, that kind of thing should happen in a private message.

Let's try to remember that we're here to discuss classic computers. I think at this point this thread should die of disinterest .. the introduction is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back