• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hi

Ianco Volkova

Hi there.
This is a great forum, I've been reading the posts and I've decided to form parto of it myself. I always wanted to speak with other vintage computer fans. I don't have a personal vintage computer collection, sadly. I had to sell all the systems I had due to economical problems. The first computer I had was a PC/XT clone made by Acer, I can't remember the model or the characteristics of this computer cause I was 7 years old when my parents sold it. I had a Master system too, a Commodore 64, and 2 other Sinclair-like computers that I bought when I was a kid in a flea market.
That's all, I'm not an expert, but certainly a fan of vintage computers.

Welcome to the VC Forums!

I'm sure you'll build up a collection again. It's in your blood! :)

Enjoy!

Thanks for the welcome guys. I'd like to know the characteristics of my first PC, the PC/XT clone of Acer, I couldn't find any information on the web.

Welcome!

If it was an XT clone, then it should have had an 8088 processor (maybe faster than the 4.77MHz of the Intel-based 8088s the IBMs used). A 360KB floppy drive and maybe a 10-20MB hard drive.

Hahah, probably true with the Commodore 64. But my father sold the XT when I was 7 years old, and the guy who bought it (for US$200) in 1993 wanted to use it as a home computer! In fact, he called for instructions about using it, and my mother (she was the computer expert at home around that time) :p wasn't there to answer. So my father gave me the phone and I had to give the instructions about how to execute the games and programs in MS-DOS. :p

Back