• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

NOT WORKING CBM 3032

La resistenza è di soli 27 Ohm. Smetti di usare la funzione 'beep' del tuo multimetro!

Utilizzare un'impostazione a bassa resistenza o semplicemente seguire la traccia PCB dal pin 12 G7 al resistore. È l'altra estremità che vuoi!

Dave
Ok thanks so much sir!

Are these jumpers corrects?

Attachments

• 1671281053935..jpg
    1671281053935..jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 5
  • 1671281080009..jpg
    1671281080009..jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 5
Dave i swapped the two resistor s' lead but i have same situation :(

I want you to post a video of the PETTESTER screens after you perform a reset please so I can see what the state is for myself. Can we also wait for the countdown to reach zero and the start of the full memory test on the video also.

Dave

I want you to post a video of the PETTESTER screens after you perform a reset please so I can see what the state is for myself. Can we also wait for the countdown to reach zero and the start of the full memory test on the video also.

Dave
unfortunately, while I was fixing the legs of the resistors, one broke right at the edge of the resistor.. Since I don't have spare parts with this value, I ordered new resistors on Amazon... they will arrive tomorrow!

Thanks, that video was very informative.

So, the problem lies somewhere in the VDU circuitry. I could see some changes in the displayed characters on the screen that cannot be as a result of faulty main RAM or the CPU.

So, can you remind me, what chips are socketted in the VDU section? In particular, are both video RAM devices now in a socket?

Dave

Thanks, that video was very informative.

So, the problem lies somewhere in the VDU circuitry. I could see some changes in the displayed characters on the screen that cannot be as a result of faulty main RAM or the CPU.

So, can you remind me, what chips are socketted in the VDU section? In particular, are both video RAM devices now in a socket?

Dave
Thanks Dave!
Only one Ram video is on socket...UF7...also the ls244 on UE7 is on socket!
Can i resold the two resistors in original place now?

>>> Only one Ram video is on socket...UF7...also the ls244 on UE7 is on socket!

I think it would be sensible to socket the other video RAM I am afraid.

This way we should be able to remove the video RAM and use eight 100 Ohm (or so) resistors to 'force' characters to fill the whole screen. This should test out the video data latch, character generator and the parallel to serial shift register.

If that turns out OK, we will have to look at the video address multiplexers, and video data bus buffers next.

Dave

Dave great news!
I inserted a socket and i replaced the other video ram, all trash characters are gone, the pettester was stuck on dram test though. I then checked the jumpers and saw that jumper "C" in the photo was open instead of closed. I soldered the jumper and now the dram test started too! Can i try to remove pettester and can i insert original rom?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-18 alle 15.11.17.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-18 alle 15.11.17.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 5
I am desperate!!!
I inserted original ue8 rom but i have random chars screen :( Maybe bad rom?

Back