• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Happy Birthday Carlsson

ziloo

Veteran Member
Happy Birthday Comrade Carlsson!!!!!!!! :D :eek: :p :biggrin: :lol:

Your posts are very informative, and you are always so
enthusiastic to answer others questions.

Best Wishes for many many more great years.

ziloo

Thanks. Here is a cake, have a slice:

20060407-tarta.jpg

Last edited:
Happy Birthday carlsson!

You have an excellent handle on the English language, I've been wondering what the reason was for learning it. The vast majority of people in the USA don't bother with a second language and I'm sure that if they could be, they wouldn't be so good at it (spoken, anyway. Written would probably be worse).

Kent

Thanks for all the good wishes.

Kent, I find writing in a foreign language much easier than talking it. English as secondary language was introduced from 10 years old when I went to school - today I think they start the kids at 7 or 8. Many students take a third (French, German) and sometimes even fourth language (ditto plus Spanish, Italian, Russian, whatever the school can offer). Of course when you reach high school and college age, you can study all languages and get into classic greek and latin, but obviously that is not what I did.

Ain't that the truth.

I never could speak it, but I used to be able to write bits and peices of Russian. But that was it.

Sorry I missed it. I've been slowly recoverning after having
day surgery at a hospital - hence my silence. I'm on the mend
now, which is good, but will take perhaps this week to fully
recover.

Sorry to break the news here & now! :-(

CP/M User.

P.S. Hope you had a good day for your B'day.

carlsson,

What can I say, belated or not? It is indeed rare for me to run across anyone smarter than myself, but when I do, it is a real treat. Hate to see ya grow a year older, but at least I'm confidant that you're a year wizer now. I love to learn from you. Keep on challenging my gray matter for another 365.25.

--T

Last edited:
Y'know, I think staying up this late stunts my growth...
At least I was the first to congrat Carlsson on his birthday by Greenwich Mean Time!

Back