• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

FS/T forum #'s low

Yzzerdd

Veteran Member
After recent observations over a 2 month period, I have seen stageringly low numbers of replys in the FS/T forum. Consider this: 36 out of 45 threads remain unreplied. That's about 65%! Only an estimated 15% of which where specified for off-forum replies. I'm no moderator, but I still think we should do some recruiting to the group, or at least stop listing things that are completely useless(Un-repairable/no useable parts) or, someone needs to loan me $1,000 USD, Or at least 100,000 pesos. Maybe then I could afford all the nice things on the forum, although, I would need an additional $2,500 USD(or 250,000 pesos) for a shed, due to space issues(Parents these days!). Either way, just lettin' ya know.

check it out

check it out

OK, if you go to the Items for sale/trade forum, look at the "replies" section. 65% of posts remain unreplied. Also, I need money for my pocket.
(percentages subject to change without notice).

Well, you can't force people to trade. That section is there for a service to the users who might want to trade something, its not a store. If people aren't interested, then oh well, thats way things go.

I dunno, I've listed several real nice offers lately, which have been ignored for whatever reason. Case in point, the Kaypro 10 I offered here for $75.00, was subsequently sold on eBay for $169.00...I just think folks here are in the same boat as you and I...short on cash! Still, I do like to give our members first crack at stuff that I'm forced to unload...

--T

Ebay will ALLWAYS get you more coin then a small forum like this one (or any forum realy), there are just more people on ebay then here.

Generally I am CHEAP, I buy things at below market value because I do not resell, and why pay retail unless you need it bad (and I don't).

From the looks of it, plenty of collectors seem to be broke lately.

If people close deals through PMs, one would at least assume the original seller replies to his own message that the item is sold.

If people close deals through PMs, one would at least assume the original seller replies to his own message that the item is sold.

That would be helpfull, but won't always happen. Especially for the folks that post once to get rid of something and never return.

I think stuff is moving through the forums (I know I've moved stuff) but nothing is ever going to be 100%.

I do agree that the more members/viewers we have the better the chances of stuff being traded/sold are. That'll happen in time as we continue to grow.

...someone needs to loan me $1,000 USD, Or at least 100,000 pesos. Maybe then I could afford all the nice things on the forum, although, I would need an additional $2,500 USD (or 250,000 pesos)...
Yeah, it's off-topic, but FWIW the peso is about 10 to the dollar right now (you are calculating 100 to the dollar)...

Back