• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

eBay user names

Yzzerdd

Veteran Member
Every time someone on the forum notes they want to offer something here before on eBay, or generally mentions something with the word eBay, I wonder: What is everyones eBay user name? Some are obvious, such as Chuckcmcgee's name, others arent. I am just looking for the info so I can put everyone here on my "fav. sellers" list, so when I go hunting for stuff, I can check by member. It is quite a helpful feature on eBay, everytime I see a vintage item on eBay, I always check the sellers other stuff to see what else they got. So anyway, obviously you don't have to, but I am sure I am not the only one on this forum lurking behind bushes wanting such info. (ha, that reminds me of the episode of Homestar Runner when the creepy comb-over guuy was introduced...What was his name again? Oh right, Senor Cardgage.

Anyway, I'll start.

In the eBay world, I am the fantastic ClassicComputerGuy
Notable charecteristics: tend to big against you(if I dunno who ya are)

<senor cardgage>I. My names be Mike_J83 Patricia. Andy no sales at damomment. But I'm still buying. I once sold dry old PeaSeas for basement-level low bargain prices, but now, I'd rather play Ultimama six and not be able to see my feet, and percolate monies to other peoples bargains on ocasetion. Excardon me, I have some candy bars waiting for my......pigeons....they like those too...don't they?</senor cardgage>

(hint, look for the only mention of me in there)

billlog and bill_loguidice , though I wouldn't add me yet as I'm nowhere near done sorting through duplicates to be selling anything. In fact, I'm well behind with some "for trade" stuff I have to get to.

Druid123 is my handle there. (I was much younger then ROTF)

I've stopped selling on FleaBay though, since I set up my WebStore, but, on the rare occaison, I'll make a purchase of something I need to complete a restoration.

Last edited:
I ended up with vintage-computer after they forced me to abandon my email address as a user name. . . ;)

Oh no, there is NO way I'm giving you all my super secret ebay name. ;o)

So.. maybe we'll end up seeing who we all lost a few auctions to lol.

hey! sure just blurt it out for the world to hear... man.. j/k

Yeah, like a few others I don't really sell stuff right now though although there's a small chance I might sometime soon but for now I don't have any grand desire to give ebay my credit card information.

- John

..sorry.. didn't mean to kill the thread with a joke response.

You've all been added to my watch list. Turns out I have ran into alot of you on eBay. I am unsurprised though, afterall, it is a small world!

ChuckcMagee...Still havent got around to editing the first post. I guess I will leave it so everyone knows what your rant is about...:D

--Ryan

Dongfeng: Is that some clever play with numbers in Chinese? I've heard that 8 is a very desirable number in China. Thus the Beijing 2008 Olympics will open on August 8th, to make it 08-08-08.

For my matter, I'm also only buying on eBay, using my full name.

Well, it can be - 1 in Chinese is pronounced as 'yao', sounding similar to the word for 'want' (also 'yao' but a different tone). 8 is pronounced as 'ba', which sounds similar to 'fa' meaning 'prosperous'. 1188 therefore can mean 'want to be prosperous' and is therefore a rather lucky combination :) On the other hand, the number 4 is pronounced as 'shi' which sounds like the Chinese word for 'death'. 1144RU wouldn't be so nice :)

However, the real meaning of 1188RU is that it is actually the original registration number from my 1962 Austin Mini :lol:

1188RU.jpg

Back