• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

fleaBay wierdos

Sharkonwheels

Veteran Member
Ya think the price is in Yen?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Memotech-MTX512...tcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I mean, he doesn't even have the stupid proprietary cable to connect the 2 hunks of junk together!!!!!

Man - that's just CLASSIC!

Maybe I should list my SuperKaypro10 for what? $3495.00? I mean hey, it DID cost $5000 new, and I have the original receipt to PROVE it! $5114 plus tax, baby!

:bomb:

Tony

Oh, you REALLY want to fall out of your chair laughing, check out some of THIS guy's auctions:

http://stores.ebay.com/Drakes-Retro-Video-Game-Shop

He is absolutely NUTS!

He has a *board* from a Commodore SX64 for like $80!

The WHOLE STUPID MACHINE goes for like $75-100 in *EXCELLENT* condition!

You guys *HAVE* to look through some of his auctions - I haven't been this entertained since...since...well, nothings been THIS funny.

$150 for a heath manual....$50 for a connector.... and let's not forget, $35 for *one issue* of Rainbow magazine!!!!
Man...you can't BUY entertainment this good!!!!

:clap::clap::clap:
:happy3::happy3:

T

Wow, can you get a working SX64 for as little as $75 + shipping? That sounds like a bargain to me, but perhaps I haven't followed the pricing recently, or a shipload of SX64's emerged from an abandoned warehouse.

I mean, he doesn't even have the stupid proprietary cable to connect the 2 hunks of junk together!!!!!

Boy, is THIS guy in luck.

I just happen to have a couple of those cables that I can let him have for $500 for one or both for $900.

I'm going to get in touch with him right away. I'm sure he'll jump at the chance.

Do you think he might need some Write Only Memory or a few Inoperational Amplifiers as well? (I'm fresh out of bridges)

sports.men, I've seen that sellers auction before, he's usually the only one who ever has what I'm looking for, but at his outragous prices he never gets my money...

Theres another one that comes to mine. IT Exquiptment Express, they always have what im looking for at out of this world prices, and like sports.men, has yet to get any of my bids.

Oh man, do I have rants about IT equiptment express. How do they have so much darn feedback with such high prices? How do they have so many sales, with no pictures of their items? Why do they have what I want, but at prices at or above original retail value? THE LIST GOES ON!!!!

Maybe they're a little less rare in the US. About a year ago I traded an SX-64 for a meatball sandwitch. It was non functional, but still a great deal.
Bill

Regarding SX-64, I have just learned that PAL units tend to bring in 2-3 times as much money than NTSC units, not considering shipping costs. Thus, $70-$75 for a US machine may be a typical price, but would be a super bargain for an European/Australian one.

Oh man, do I have rants about IT equiptment express. How do they have so much darn feedback with such high prices? How do they have so many sales, with no pictures of their items? Why do they have what I want, but at prices at or above original retail value? THE LIST GOES ON!!!!

Are those the twits that use a photo of a track runner at a starting line?
yeah - seen them. $259 for a Seagate ST225, or something like that.

And you notice how everyone thinks "refurb" means you pulled it out, and blew the dust off? Where *I* come from , refurb means it was REFURBISHED. Taken out a dusted off, means USED, or PULLED.

Tony

If you find a hard disk on the sidewalk, pick it up and install it, can you say it has been recurbed? :-D

Ten years ago I had a friend whose CPU fan was about to give up. Instead of buying a new one, he disassembled it, cleaned the blades, added new lubricant and carefully put it together again - and it was as good as new again, for years to come. It was a tedious process he'd rather not repeat. I suppose it could be said he refurbished the fan, while someone who just would have taken off the dust from the blades would not have refurbished it.

Ah, of course. Speaking of which, I still fondly remember the webpage which described how someone had emptied a PC case (perhaps an IBM PS/2) and filled it with concrete. Then he had left his PC on the street, to see if someone would try to steal it. The next morning, it had been moved, but just a few meters, so someone had tried to but given up.

"Oh man, do I have rants about IT equiptment express"

Exactly. They priced a couple of tape drives at a reasonable price on eBay
buy it now, and they canceled the deal because "they can't find them".

If they relist them, you can go after them with eBay.

I just saw, for example, they have MICROPOLIS 1304 40MB MFM 5 1/4 disk drive 1304 for *$420*

40MB! $420!!!

Those guys are just STUPID funny!

T

There's a guy posting on here (in Liverpool, btw) giving one of those away (free pickup). 5,500 miles is a bit much for me.

Edit: those being a Amstrad CPC-464
He said it goes in the "tip" at the end of this week.

Last edited:
IT Equipment Express

IT Equipment Express

IT Equipment Express appears to list other reseller's inventory at a steep markup. I suspect they auto-generate their listings directly from their suppliers' database(s). Not too long ago, I noticed they listed a PDP8 memory card in their eBay store with a description that was oddly verbatim identical to another listing by another eBay seller. The other seller was a company I've done business with before, and actually stocks inventory. I tried to buy a board from them, but, not surprisingly, IT Equipment Express reported that they had an "inventory problem". Not surprising at all, as I had just purchased their supplier's entire supply of these (all two of them, as it turned out).

--Bill

IT Equipment Express appears to list other reseller's inventory at a steep markup. I suspect they auto-generate their listings directly from their suppliers' database(s). Not too long ago, I noticed they listed a PDP8 memory card in their eBay store with a description that was oddly verbatim identical to another listing by another eBay seller. The other seller was a company I've done business with before, and actually stocks inventory. I tried to buy a board from them, but, not surprisingly, IT Equipment Express reported that they had an "inventory problem". Not surprising at all, as I had just purchased their supplier's entire supply of these (all two of them, as it turned out).

--Bill

It seems the internet is abound with companies like this one. They will have a web page with hundreds of items listed. They appear to have a warehouse with large inventories when in fact the are nothing more than someone that tries to "locate" the item you are looking for from other companies. On several occasions I have inquired about a listing only to get a reply that they no longer have it (if I even get a reply).

This thread is worth a revival.

I've had exactly the same thing happen to me, having bought something supposedly "in stock" and had to wait for ages before it finally turned up.

Not only that, but I'm sure the sellers spread links to their merchandise. Or the search engines base quite a few matches on one or two sources.

I just bought some 5¼" drives, two of which when I researched (using Google) had several references to them being 1.2Mb HD drives. When they arrived I discovered they are in fact 360K drives. So I did another search, again using Google, with EXACTLY the same search parameters, and lo and behold, all the references to their being 1.2Mb drives had disappeared into thin air!

Drives in question = ALPS DFC222B02A and ALPS DFC222A17A.

The drives work, but I need a couple of spare HD drives!

BG

Back