• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Teletype ASR/33 , Mod43, Mod15 for sale

RouterGuy

Hello all;

I have the following inventory that I am trying to find a good home for. The list is as follows:

Teletype ASR/33 - parity keyboard (yes, all 8 bits punch and print). Works well. On pedestal with copy holder and chad bucket.

Teletype ASR/33 - non-parity keyboard (7 bits, mark parity). Works but reader has a stuck bit - no time to fix. Has pedestal, copy holder and chad bucket.

Teletype ASR/33 - used for parts. Print engine is good. Keyboard is good. Tape reader is not 100%.

Teletype Model 15 - Good condition (1944 vintage). Functional - weighs a TON!.

Teletype Model 43 - Good condition, works well - 300 baud! One platen knob is kinda broken. But otherwise it is a happy machine.

Two Texas Instruments Silent/700 - PORTABLE versions. Uses thermal fax paper. 300 baud. I have ONE acoustic coupler for this. But both have RJ11 jacks on it.

I would like to move these collectables as one batch but could consider selling a few as one-offs.

I also have several rolls of teletype paper, and paper tape. Also have a small batch of spare printheads for the asr/33's.

ONLY CATCH TO THIS DEAL - You GOTTA PICK THEM UP. I will not want to ship them since they machines do not ship well. YOu will also probably pay a terrific fortune in freight and insurance. That Model15 is a gutbuster!

So if you need a trip to Southern California or if you live close, drop me a line

Chris@RouterGuy.com

Last edited:
I'm considering it for the 8-bit 33. Gotta figure out how to justify a 16+ hour round trip, though. ;)

lol.. I'm not sure he's trying to justify the trip for himself, I'm guessing there may be a certain someone who loves to point out his sleeping area on the couch that he's trying to appease.

Here I thought Texas was the only place that took 12 hours to get around. When I worked for an agency here in the state we had (still do have) an office in Pampa, TX. Since our HQ is in Austin whenever there was an agency or department wide mandatory meeting they'd have to drive down here. Humorously they hate the drive (in IT we realized why when we had to drive up there twice a year to check on them) however they realized they were closer to 5 other Capitols than Austin. Even Topika, KS was closer lol.

- John

Is the Teletype 15 still available? I'm interested in it. Do you have pictures of the teletype so I can see what it looks like. Thanks, J.

Back