• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Oklahoma Hello

csenkowski

My husband and I spent 20 years grazing thrift stores and amassing his large collection of classic computers and games. All our children were raised with boot-disk learning and appreciation for the coolness of a TRS-80 voice synth. My husband died never finding the Lisa to go with the software he'd found.

I have several storage units full of partially inventoried stuff that I just can not keep. In the near future I'll be picking through it and posting it for sale.

I'm so appreciative of Erik for the new Marketplace so that our collection (minus what the kids want to keep) will go to to folks that care.

Welcome to the forums.

Condolences on the loss of your husband. I'm grateful to the both of you for protecting some of our computing legacy for future generations.

I look forward to your sales.

Sorry for your loss. It's great that you were involved in the hobby along with your late husband, so you have an appreciation of the value (historical as well as monetary) of the collection. So many irreplaceable historical items get dumped by survivors in situations like yours.

BTW, if you need help with selling the collection, I'd like to recommend our friend Druid6900. He does a great job at maximizing your profit on such sales.

/plug

--T

Back