• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Early IBM 5150 on eBay

modem7

10k Member
Early IBM 5150 on eBay at item 270261185614 (not mine).

* 2 screw case (instead of standard 4 screws)
* Lack of "B in circle" on rear
* Black power supply

If the motherboard is original, it will be the 16/64K type, however from the pictures, the motherboard
doesn't look like a 16/64k board to me. I advise those interested to contact the seller.

WARNING: New seller (0)

Uh, FrozenFire (the guy who put vintageibm.net) is from that area. And I can't get to vintageibm.net anymore ...

I wonder if it is him.

Yes it is me, The guy who was donating the web space for the site got pissed off and just decided to cancel the whole domain. So for now vintageibm.net is no longer!

Your right modem that is not the 16/64 K Mobo, It’s the later 64 256 K but everything other then that is still early model .

Are you going to find another web hosting company? I'd hate to see that site disappear, you had a good start on it.

Are you going to find another web hosting company? I'd hate to see that site disappear, you had a good start on it.

Yes, that site was becoming a useful archival site. Hopefully you can find another to host with Eric. I also would be sad to see that site disappear.

Tez

Hosting is as cheap as $5 a month with gigabytes of space and bandwidth (dreamhost or bluehost), or free if you choose Google Pages... is cost the real reason it went away? Our hobby can't take many more hits...

Not to throw too big of a rock, but even premium hosting is only $9 a month.

Frozen - if you are not going to put it up again somewhere else then you should archive what you collected on a DVD and send it to somebody who can host it for you. You collected the material with an implicit promise that you would make it available and you should try to spread the bits around to ensure that.

I own and operate ftp.oldskool.org and I can always mirror the bits there. I hosted tvdog's Tandy 1000 site for so long that when he exited the hobby my "mirror" became the only site. Create a directory in /incoming and upload your stuff there and I'll make it a proper archive until you want to bring the site up again.

If you upload the website files I can put those online as well until such time that you want to bring your site online again.

The site was only a few 100 megs, so 500 MB on a server would be plenty. I was getting about 3,000 hits a month and don’t ever remember going over like 2 or 3 GB of bandwidth.

Like I said I had no choice in the matter… the guy that was donating the web space and covering the cost got pissed off and just closed it!
Yes Mbbrutman , I love to spread the bytes around that was the entire meaning behind my site.

Could anyone here spare a sub domain on their server? Or something?

Could anyone here spare a sub domain on their server? Or something?

I might be able to do something. ibm.vintage-computer.com or, if you still own the domain I could possibly host it from here.

I need to check on what I have left for domains and space.

Let me know if it interests you.

Back