• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Phunny listing

Sharkonwheels

Veteran Member
eBay:

Home of the $599, yellowed, no serial-number, home-made-cabled TRS-80 Model 100:

linkage

Maybe the yellowing is actually gold plating?

I never cease to be entertained at fleaBay - half the fun is just looking at the listing by completely clueless dolts!!!

T

Home of the $599, yellowed, no serial-number, home-made-cabled TRS-80 Model 100

Oh good grief.
It's the dreaded "over-priced, over-described but out-of-focus-photo-having" auction item.

Sellers. If you've going to have the audacity to charge a fortune for your item,
take as long as you need to get GOOD CLEAR PHOTOS.
They don't need to be huge, they just need to be IN FOCUS.

Seriously. If I wanted things to be blurry, I'd just take my glasses off.
</rant>

That is all.

:mrgreen:

Ya killed me with that one. A fortune doesn't even cover it - that's like a $50-75 item!

We're laughing on the M100 mailing list...

I thought it was $600 because it was gold-plated, but when I put my glasses on, I realized it was just yellowed.... and $600....

with no serial number sticker...

And some seriously mickey-mouse homemade cables without even hoods on the DB25's!

Ya know, it's REALLY not hard to check completed auctions...

T

Here's another that had me in stitches, and yes, AHM, blurry picture!!

Linkage

This idiot listed a 20MB hard disk for almost $900!!!

What a buffoon! oh, and default shipping is $12 UPS ground!!!

T

I just realized the second buffoon, is the same one that listed a DEC Rainbow for like $2500 earlier in the year! said it was some ultra-rare "Rainbow 190+", but all the specs he listed for it, were identical to a standard 100+ !

T

amazing. both of those. sometimes i just wish i owned a gun.

the second one is flat out ridiculous! if i had $900, i'd get new tires for my car, and then just buy one of those overpriced $200 8-bit IDE controllers for my 8088. then i'd eat with the left over cash.

I don't see Jesus in that door. At the very best, I can imagine Darth Vader.

In that mini-ITX community, I wonder if anyone has contained a computer inside a crib? "W@W L@@K R4RE: Computer blessed by Jesus and the three wise men".

I see a gnome, with like head armor (cone-shaped) going over the eyes, with eyeholes cut out, moustache+beard... don't see no Jesus there...

The grilled cheese was actually bought - it went for like $15-20K or something.

Can't imagine the, um, "aroma" from that samich!!

T

I don't see no damn face at all, but those "preaching hands" look more like begging hands to me (trust me, I've seen a lot of panhandlers).

OTOH, I have managed to convince tens of people that my Hurricane K washboard has the face of Jebus in the green patina...and that it changes into a voodoo skull when you hold it to the light a different way. I don't really see that crap, but almost everyone I show it to swears that it's there (I even got a voodoo priestess and a Christian priest to bless it). Not unlike my Satanic laptop illusion, which really is there...scares the sh!t out of some people.

--T

Last edited:
My friends first auction on ebay, he posted a homeless persons underwear. Very brown and dirty. He got $25 and a good comment "Smells as expected".

Last edited by a moderator:
Back