• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Your first pc game

gerrydoire

Veteran Member
The first game I ever played on a PC was Space Quest.

At that time i was using Monochrome Amber Graphics and couldn't see the graphics properly making the game hard to finish... :rolleyes:

The first game I ever played on a PC was Space Quest.

If by PC you mean IBM PC then my first would have been either Donkey (if you can call that a game) or the Microsoft Adventure (the MS version of the Crowther and Woods Adventure.)

If you mean PC to be any personal computer then it was probably Weather Wars on a Commodore Pet.

If you mean IBM PC, then it would be Zork I, still a classic.

But my first actual computer game that I played was "Invasion Force" for the TRS-80 Model I. I was hooked.

Hm.That's a tough one I can't quite remember. I know when I 5 we got our first home computer so it was something then. Possibly Amy's First Primer with word games, etc for us to play with. I remember a racing game where you were in screen 1 mode (basic) and a happy face racing around a track with another happy face (ascii character 00 and 01) but I never found it again. I also remember early on playing (with my family) (Grinch?) This was a bunch of bushes on the screen and you pick a location (1-9, A-L) and then the grinch? (think it was a bird or something) would chirp X times which was how far off you were .. at some
point the grinch can move if you take too long I think.

Anyway, one of those was probably the first game my parents booted off of to show me. Afterwards they got all sorts of great classics.

my first game was putt putt joins the parade iirc on the klh my father later caught on fire and threw out a second story window.and this was around when i was 2 or 3 (1993-1994) i remember how my mom couldn't beat it but i beat it in a day

Hmmm... first computer game, period, would be "Hunt the Wumpus" on an OSI Challanger II in high school. First game I owned would be the old Software Toolworks' Air Traffic Controller game on the H89. I think it was Software Toolworks, at any rate. Then came Adventure, which I still like to play on the H89. First PC game was a tactical intercept simulator some Air Force instructor wrote and released into the wild. First commercial PC games were GATO with its nifty "boss" key feature, and MicroProse Strike Eagle - that one wouldn't run on the V20 'cause its timing loops got thrown off; I had to reinstall an 8088 in the XT clone to run it.

Oh, and I played Zork on the mainframe. Still have the FORTRAN source on a 9track magtape! :)

IBM-PC = Donkey, since it came with the bootdisk. Before that, I think the game was called 'Racer', on the TRS-80 Model I (it was a BASIC program I keyed-in from the manual). Way back before that, first computer game was 'Galaxian' (arcade), unless you want to count the endless wasted hours playing 'Pong' with all my wasted friends...

--T

My 1st ever computer game was 'Quick Watson' on the TRS80 Model 1. The Model 1 came with 2 programs on tape back in 1978. BlackJack and Quick Watson. Quick Watson was just a form of the Mastermind game but with some text thrown in to alter your concept of how the game goes. With animated graphics thrown in no less! Here's a screenshot of Quick Watson - the 1st game I ever played on computer -

picture.php

That's running on an emulator, of course.
Don't tell anybody, but I still get a kick out of this simple game :)

Please note that I didn't start using computers until I was about 7 years old.

But the first PC game(s) I played was the ones included in the WEP packages. In the start, I played mostly stuff like freeSki and card games, then I figured Chips Challenge and played mostly that afterwards.

I have played the Super NES or N64 before I started using the PC.

My first PC game was The Bard's Tale. It was an RPG game I initially played on an RGB monitor. I later upgraded to a ZVM1390 VGA monitor.
Before that I had a game called Reactor 100 for the Heath/Zenith ET100 and H/Z100. You controlled a nuclear reactor. Failures would occur and you had to turn on cooling pumps and lower the rods in order to keep from having a meltdown. It ran on an RGB monitor.

O/T Sidetrack

O/T Sidetrack

While we're on the subject:

What's the bloodiest, goriest, mean, nasty, dirty-rotten, low-down, STANKIN'ist computer game you've ever played?

*Extra points for exposure of feminine flesh.

--T

for me, i think it was sword of fargoal on the C64, mixed with loderunner on an apple II. i forget which came first.

My friend and I figured out on SOF that if we stopped the cassette loading at a specified time (probably about 23 minutes!) we could list the basic source code and make modifications to the character's stats, then continue it loading. that experience gave me a taste for computer "hacking" that I still carry with me to this day. I probably owe my career to those experiences, so games are good.

While we're on the subject:

What's the bloodiest, goriest, mean, nasty, dirty-rotten, low-down, STANKIN'ist computer game you've ever played?
--T

*Extra points for exposure of feminine flesh. = duke3d spacebar at strippers?

Hm... I think the bloodiest was probably Rise of the Triad. I remember the ride missle cheat or maybe just god mode and a close range bazooka you'd usually see an eye ball go flying past your screen. Atleast as a first for myself, but not sure what the first rated R game really was.

Ecstatica was creepy but not all that gory.

Bloodlust software *tried* to come out with some in that category but they never quite got past their original graphic quality and fell behind. Later they sorta dropped their gore gaming and wrote Nesticle (NES emulator, but that's why the pointer is a severed hand).

Shadow warrior was quite gory but certainly not a first, it was riding off of Duke3d's success of in game character talk.

Wow, took me a while to remember the name.. Blood was another early FPS we used to play that attempted to be gory. er.. crap.. ok just saw the release date on that one so that's not even close to vintage so I won't go into game details.

Hmmmm....before we had a computer, it would have been on an Apple II in elementary school, Space Invaders :) We had one computer, so kids stood in line at break time to play it, lol. We got a Vic-20 as our first computer, and the first game I played on there would have been Avenger, as we got the cart with the computer...since we got it at Canadian Tire, there was a complimentary cassette with games on it, so either mini golf or a breakout clone were the next games :) I still play vic games....Omega Race kicked butt :)

Back