• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Happy Birthday mbbrutman!!!

Mike! Why didn't you tell me you weren't hatched? ;)

Happy birthday, your efforts on the forums are well appreciated as well as your knowledge and expertise.

--Jack

Hi guys .. I love having birthdays - it beats the alternative!

I have actually been celebrating for about a week now. I have been able to do some sorting and organizing on the collection, I have made my TCP/IP code much faster, and I am even making progress on the TRS80 that I got from Erik earlier in the year.

In the real world the family is healthy, the dog is relatively well behaved, and nothing has broken lately. Can't ask for much more .. well, warmer weather would be nice. I thought about taking an airplane ride this morning, but it is well below freezing and spending 30 or 40 minutes in a hangar getting the plane prepped when it is code is not fun. :-(

As for the forum here, as tedious as moderating can be we all get something positive out of it. I'll take the occasional rock being thrown and stare it down in mid flight. ;-)

Mike

I thought about taking an airplane ride this morning, but it is well below freezing and spending 30 or 40 minutes in a hangar getting the plane prepped when it is code is not fun. :-(
So I suppose you'll be looking for an Airplane Compiler, so you don't have to assemble it from source code (drawings?) every time. ;)

Happy birthday Mike,

Whoo hoo, having a birthday so close to Xmas must have been awesome as a kid...two sets of presents!!

...or did you parents just combine the Xmas and birthday ones? Now that would have sucked..lol

Tez

So I suppose you'll be looking for an Airplane Compiler, so you don't have to assemble it from source code (drawings?) every time. ;)

You are very adept at spotting my spelling errors. ;-0

In English 'code' is what the world 'cold' sounds like when one has a cold virus. :)

As for the airplanes, there is more and more code in them every year. Even our 30 year old airplanes (based on designed that are closer to 50 years old) have a very reliable moving map GPS system in them. Newer airplanes come with full electronic controls for the engine and other systems.

Happy birthday Mike,

Whoo hoo, having a birthday so close to Xmas must have been awesome as a kid...two sets of presents!!

...or did you parents just combine the Xmas and birthday ones? Now that would have sucked..lol

Tez

It varied. The one single best benefit was never having to be in school on my birthday. ;-0

I look at it this way...
Each day you check the obituaries and not find your name is a bonus.

Have a happy birthday, Mike!

Happy Birthday/Christmas & New Year

Happy Birthday/Christmas & New Year

I only just found out - sorry I couldn't post my Birthday wishes on the first page! Glad you've made it for another year! :-D

There is never a problem with 2 pages of birthday wishes ...

Thanks again guys!

mbbrutman wrote:

There is never a problem with 2 pages of birthday wishes ...

Thanks again guys!

True, though there's some off-topic chit-chat on the first page! ;-)

I was going to say earlier, I forgot to see how young you were, though I've just noticed this wasn't specified! :-D

You are very adept at spotting my spelling errors. ;-0

In English 'code' is what the world 'cold' sounds like when one has a cold virus. :)

As for the airplanes, there is more and more code in them every year. Even our 30 year old airplanes (based on designed that are closer to 50 years old) have a very reliable moving map GPS system in them. Newer airplanes come with full electronic controls for the engine and other systems.

Fully electronic? I wouldn't want to be in one. Scenario: You're 10,000ft in the sky, when suddenly, say you spill soda on the instrument panel. What do you do? Hell, what if it isn't human error? Perhaps a chip or capacitor is bad, and you don't have elevator control, engine control, headlight control, or even something like no flaps. Flaps you'd live without, but still, the other stuff is pretty important.

It's like those cars they are trying to make so you don't have to touch the wheel and it takes you there. No way I'm trusting my life and $50K on some electronic device. Anything could go wrong and you'd be dead, and have $50K worth garbage your family would have to clean up...or use the insurance money to get themselves 3 normal cars!

2 pages? I've got my settings so there is like 20 some odd messages per page. Don't like thumbing through so many pages, would rather have larger pages.

--Jack

Happy Birthday, MB.

BTW, guess who ended up getting all the insides (and casetop with CRT & video board) from that Model 4 network workstation from Cassiopeia (just in case you need parts) :)

Back