• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Apple //e looking for good home!

scottvano

I have an Apple //e with two hard drives, one working one not so much. It has some type of speciality card plugged in perhaps serial or parallel, maybe scsi??

The computer was used in a television station to make early graphics for on-air.

It, all manuals and whatever software is in the box is yours free just cover the shipping!

Scott

Free Apple //e

Free Apple //e

The free Apple //e is in Denver, CO . . . you cover shipping charges

Case is a bit yellow but a working computer!

lol that sounds really cool. Just out of curiosity sake what TV station was it that own(ed/s) the equipment?

very cool... i would jump for it if i didn't already have one. i am wondering too, though... what TV station had it?

Do you have any pics of the computer? I might be take it, Looking to expand my collection

I have an Apple //e with two hard drives, one working one not so much. It has some type of speciality card plugged in perhaps serial or parallel, maybe scsi??

The computer was used in a television station to make early graphics for on-air.

It, all manuals and whatever software is in the box is yours free just cover the shipping!

Scott

Additional Information

Additional Information

Scott

Here's some additional info:

I switched it on this morning, pictures attached, and here's what I found:

Graphics Design Station -- Gerber Scientific
I think it's probably a modified plotter. You can see the part which selects points and I was told there was a board too so it might not work without that board.
Couldn't get the computer to boot from any of the disks. The disk (not the original) labelled ProDos said relocation error.
When I dropped to the basic mode (it's been 25 years since I did this!) I could program a simple basic program and have it run.

As you can see by the inside picture there's a disk drive controller card and two other cards which probably worked with the plotter. No manuals for this but other original Apple manuals cir. 1984.

There seem to be all the program disks for the Graphics Design System -- if you can get them to run . . .

Also, there something call an Accelerator disk???

Please note there is some yellowing of the case and the 10-keypad.

I've packed up everything but the monitor, it is an old-fashioned 'green only' style one but if you want it I'll pack that too. It says "Graphics Design Station" on it. You could use an older tv with a RCA video port and probably get color but I seem to think you might need a separate color plug-in module, I had one years ago was call a 'Pineapple'. Maybe you know more about all this than I do?

Attachments

• Apple_][e 001a.jpg
    Apple_][e 001a.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Apple_][e 002a.jpg
    Apple_][e 002a.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 1
Apple/Gerber reference

Apple/Gerber reference

Hi, my first post here. I had written Erik about an Apple IIplus I have with accessories so I could find out what I should do with it. I guess if people are willing to give them away they must not be worth much or in high demand, rats!
Anyway, as I began to check out the posts, the first thread I read mentioned Gerber Design Station. I'm a Sign Painter and graphic artist and have been using Gerber plotters, CNC routers, thermal digital printers, engravers and software manufactured by Gerber Scientific Products in South Winsor, CT. since the late 80's. The old plotters produce vinyl lettering by using a tangentially driven knife to cut the vinyl but not the release paper in the making of vinyl signs. If you've seen the infomercial for the "Cricket" on TV, that's a Mickey Mouse version of Gerber's plotters. Mr. Gerber invented the technology way back when. They always ran off of a serial port. The thermal printer which didn't come around till much later used a parallel port.
Just thought I'd mention that in case anyone was interested.
If anyone has any ideas on what I should do with the old Apple IIplus I have, please feel free to contact me at newgorleans@gmail.com. Thanks, Gordon

newgorleans,

Don't be too quick to write off your Apple][+ as having little value. Apple ][s`are not all created equal. The ][+ is an earlier model than the ][e, and is scarcer and in more demand these days, hence, more valuable. You should be able to get at least $100.00 for it, or even a lot more, depending on condition, and what comes with it.

--T

Last Apple ][ plus I sold went for $194US to a buyer in Hong Kong who paid almost half as much again to ship it, surface, which took 8 weeks.

It had nothing in it or with it.

Back