• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Greetings from the desert!

leeb

Veteran Member
I have been working on my own 'dinosaur' for most of a year now, and been in various forums for even longer, but it never ocurred to me that such a bizarre (in a good way!) group would be around! Until now...

My current 'dinosaur' is a Tandy Model 4p which I recently converted to 1.44mb drives (in 720k mode, of course). If anyone wants/needs info regarding rewiring a standard PC floppy cable for this purpose, I can cheerfully supply it! :-D

I actually got it a couple of years back, from ebay, and it came with ONE TRSDOS6 disk...

Thru internet scavenging I managed to 1) get a 4/4p emulator that would read/write to the pc floppy and 2) CP/M 2.2 (Mont Micro) for it...
I THOUGHT I had the drive issue straightened out... but CP/M would always lock up on boot...

After 'doorstopping' it for most-of a year, I suddenly remembered about the built-in memory test... realized it was spewing garbage about bad memory, and after replacing the memory it was Frankenstien Revisited!

More to follow, pending survival of this page... :rolleyes:

Very nice winter we are having, eh Leeb? Has been 72F every day for like a week now. I am in Amargosa Valley NV (100 miles NW of Vegas). I also see that real winter will be returning, going downhill over the weekend and they are talking snow again (at night) one week from today.

Hopefully, I might be down that way sometime soon. She & I are trying to figger out an RV boondocking trip to Quartzite in the near future (If we can pull together the money).

--T

There is lots of small pieces of obsidian on the ground where I live. For awhile, I was picking up the bigger, nicer pieces and taking them home. Then, one day, "Hey!! I get to put all the pretty rocks into a box and pack and unpack them, if I move again "

I took my pretty black rocks and tossed them back outside.

Not that I have seen. And the black stuff is somewhat bubbly. It is obvious from their shapes that they were airborn.

Back