• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

hail from denver!

luckybob

Veteran Member
I just thought I would pop my head in here and say hi. I stumbled across this site while looking up a problem I had with one of my projects i'm working on.

I would say that my field of interests lie in the early Pentium era of computers. I find it hard to describe myself other than someone who has a fascination with UNIQUE computers. I would rather have a computer that nobody else has than the latest whatever they are at now.

That being said I do enjoy programming on embedded cpu's (8051's mostly) and I just miss the good old days when DOS ruled the land and you were SPECIAL if you could work on a computer.

And now that I feel old I guess I'll conclude by saying I hope to stay around a while. I've always wanted an s-100 setup but thats a future project :)

Welcome aboard!

Keep your eyes open. Those S-100 systems aren't that hard to find. . . but they are hard to ship! :D

yea my first computer experiences were with an 8088 powereed NEC computer. I distintly remember running wheel of fortune in glorious 4 colors but could only do two puzzles because it would run out of ram and crash.

That and I get to know a ti-99/4a REALLY well and had a lot of fun messing around with it in basic.

I miss that console....

Back