• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Diskimages for TRS80 -II / 16

mister-freeze

Hi,

i´m looking for some Software (Diskimages) for the trs80 model II and model 16. Dave D.´s Images are known. Perhaps you have anything lying around on your harddisk.

Regards,
Chris

Go to: http://www.trs-80.com/

Just make sure you give Ira a donation (via PayPal) after he sends you the disks. He needs something for his time & expense. He sent me a whole set (free) for both TRS-80 models 3 & 4. All you have to do is request them.

Last I knew he has bupkis on the II or 16. I have to get back to making images. I have a lot, but I am lazy.

On a related note, if I make a copy of a TRS 80 mod II disk on a Model 12, can the image be read on the II? Do I simply need to remember to use a single sided diskette or are there other issues with the controller/drives?

If you boot into something that can read the model II disk and diskcopy it this should work. Not all later TRS-DOS versions can read or copy earlier versions though. Fun, isn't it?

The easiest way to make bit level copies is with Dave's ImageDisk or Tim's cw2dmk.

Hi,
thanks for response.

I´d like to have some software for my model II with 68k Upgrade and graphics board.

I´ve heard that this config is similar to model 16. The limitation is the fact that i have only a single sided drive.
Is this right ?

Anyway, i will test all images which possibly can run on the machine.

@chuck: I´d be glad to get the CP/m 68 K Images for testing. My email is abc(at)mister-freeze(dot)net.

@lorne: i´ll try, thanks.
regards,
Chris

Found the disks; turns out that I have both the DS and SS versions of the Aton CP/M software. Should work on your II--it says it does, at any rate.

I'll get images made in the next couple of days and on their way to you.

Aton is kewl on the II, it was my weapon-of-choice back in the day. The SS version is straight, natural IBM format, so I used it a lot for transferring programs from 'Distribution Format' to other machines. It's actually rather plain-Jane compared to P&T, etc, but it is what it is.

--T

Aton is kewl on the II, it was my weapon-of-choice back in the day. The SS version is straight, natural IBM format, so I used it a lot for transferring programs from 'Distribution Format' to other machines. It's actually rather plain-Jane compared to P&T, etc, but it is what it is.

I've got a P&T for the Model II also, but I don't know if they ever made a full-blown hybrid 2.2/68K for the Model 16.

Is there an easier way to get these disk images to a disk for a II/12/16? I've seen that make an adapter for a 5.25" drive but I'm not sure if I'm just too dumb, lazy, or caffeinated I never get around to figuring it out. I did scrape away one of those adapters and found the ground I was looking for but since misplaced it.

Is there a device out that would make this easier? I want to backup some disks also before I scratch up the originals.

Not sure that I understand what you're asking. Easier than what?

Yes, you can copy them to a 5.25" HD, but I like 8"--I've got 34-year old 8" floppies that read just fine.

For preservation, I store them in image file format on CD-R.

Yeah, hang a couple of 5.25s off the big boy. I forget the details, but the cabling is pretty simple. Info should be available somewhere. P&T can be setup the read/write a number of different formats.

--T

The Details for connecting the 5,25 Drive can be found here http://nemesis.lonestar.org/computers/tandy/hardware/model16_6000/floppyfix.html

@chuck: Thank you very very much .
All Disks (except the DS) are working fine.

I wish to have one Disk for exhipition purposes with Software that uses the Graphics Expansion.

The Aton CP/M recognizes Z80 and 68K and 128K RAM.
I think the system config 8graphics+68K Board) is similar to model 16. is this correct ?

Back