• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Finally one that works!

harry

Experienced Member
I thought you might like to see I have finally found a 5150 pc, and it needs no work! (unlike most of my other stuff) previous owner had it from new, and it still looks like new! really neat NEC hard drive , and runs very quiet . lots of
programs loaded, including dos 3.3.

Attachments

• P1010278vci.jpg
    P1010278vci.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 1
  • P1010272vci.jpg
    P1010272vci.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 1
What I wish I could find is a source for those old keyboards. Something about the keyswitches in the original IBM keyboards that suited my typing style!

I thought you might like to see I have finally found a 5150 pc, and it needs no work! (unlike most of my other stuff) previous owner had it from new, and it still looks like new! really neat NEC hard drive , and runs very quiet . lots of
programs loaded, including dos 3.3.

let us know what programs are installed on it. I'm trying to collect all the DOS games that ever existed, and locating some old stashes of games off a hard drive from back in the day can often be a really great source for some obscure ones.
thanks!

I'm trying to collect all the DOS games that ever existed, and locating some old stashes of games off a hard drive from back in the day can often be a really great source for some obscure ones.
thanks!

Any in particular your looking for?

I have checked out what games are on the hard disk, it seems only three,
3d Pacman, Ninja, and Dizzy, but in amongst the floppy disks, there are quite a few, most, if not all, you will probably know, anyway here goes the list...
Lode Runner, The Ancient Art of War, Pinball, Kings Quest, Battle Chess,
Flight Simulator 2, Flight Simulator 4, The Last Ninja, Elite,Serpentine,f-15 strike
Eagle, Falcon, Pacman, Startrek, Pool, Zaxxon, Moon Bug, Space strike, and stargate, .... well there you go, might get the kids around now, to show me how its done,...........Harry

those are some interesting games...
especially if you have original copies of some of those on floppy, I would be very interested in some of them.

lots of the ones you mentioned (zaxxon, stargate, pacman) as released by atarisoft as booters, have been ripped and hacked and graffitied up by pirate groups from long ago. having a fresh, original copy would be a fantastic find.

I very well may have to PM you about some of these things!

As for missing things, here's a list of items i'm really looking for:
http://www.underground-gamer.com/wiki/index.php/PC_MS-DOS_1981-1989_Missing_List

Back