• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hello from a Danish Collector

Multifusk

Hello, my name is Hans Henrik. I am living in Denmark, and I am 55 years old, I have messed around with Computers in the last 17 years, since I got my first PC. It was a Toshiba 3100e (80286, 1Mb RAM, 20 Mb Harddisk Yellow Plasma monitor) I still have it, and it works fine.
I am collecting CPU's from PC's, from 8086/8088 ond up to the end of Pentium II/III and Socket 7. All that's newer than this, is not of my interrest. Specially Cyrix has stolen my Hart, they are nice to look at, and many of the inventions in the early 1990's came from Cyrix.
I have around 350 CPU's from that period.

Parallel to my collecting Chips, i have from my 17 years with Computers. Storred away some complete PC's. Some Works, and some don't, here is the List:

IBM 5150 from 1981 with original Monitor 5151 and keyboard (128 Kb RAM) It works fine ( but I don't have any programs that is small enough to it's memory)
IBM 5162 from 1985 with color monitor 5153 (It's a XT-286 640Kb RAM) Having trouble with the FloppyDrive
Amstrad 1512 With original Monitor (XT 8086 ) worked fine last time it was started
IBM Ps2/30 8086 CPU Worked last time it was started
Olivetti M24 With original Monitor ( XT 8086 with EGA Graphic ) Worked Last time it was started
Olivetti M250 (80286-8 MHz) Works OK
Olivetti M300 (80386sx-16) Works OK
Olivetti PCS386SX The one that I got help from members of this Forum to fix ( Battery in Dallas Chip ) So it is Working again THANKS
IBM Ps1 (486 SX 25)
Compaq 486SX-66 ( the model where the Computer and the Monitor is one unit)
Tulip Pentium 75 (also a model where Computer and Monitor is one unit)

Toshiba 1000 (XT laptop)
Toshiba 1100 (XT laptop)
Toshiba 3100e (the one that I menshned earlyer)
Compaq 486/25 laptop

Osborne 1
This Computer came to me in a funny way. A friend of mine, who is interested in Amatur Radio went to an Auktion of old Radio stuff, and between all the Electronics things, there was this box that looked like a "Sewing machine" He made an offer on 2 Danish Kroners (a little under 50 Cents) and was the only bidder. The next day he told me about it, and I said that I would double that price. He let me have it for free. There was some Discs in the Box too, and when I started it, it came with a nice "A>" on the little 5" green monitor.

Multifusk

Ooh.. a pastry collector neat. Ok sorry and bad joke, it's 6pm and I'm hyper to get out of work on a weekend ;-)

Kidding aside, wow on the CPU collection. Sounds very impressive and I know a few other folks that collect CPUs too so you're not alone out there. It's an impressive collection of systems you've acquired too and that's awesome that you still have your first computer. I have our first family computer in my collection too and it's the one I cherish the most regardless of lack of rarity or otherwise.

Big welcome to the forums! I'm surprised to hear you like Cyrix but that's cool.. everyone has those certain things that are near and dear. I just knew two computer companies that had so many cyrix based systems come back as "bad" they stopped taking them (for free) and stopped selling them. On the bright side it probably makes them pretty easy to acquire for your collection if you look around US sites.

Ok, the rarely spotted rain storm is moving in (Texas.. I think we've had 70 or so days over 100f lately) so I'm gonna get outta here before everyone driving home freaks out about a wet road (the oil build up on the road due to lack of rain makes it slick like ice when the road first gets wet).

Are you pursuing more systems still or focusing more on the muss less space but important processor collection?

Hej Danmark!

You surely have a nice collection, but please note this forum currently only caters to pre-Pentium PCs. Actually I once came across a whole pallet of boxed Olivetti 286 computers to be thrown away. I wonder if those were M250 or some other model. Unfortunately it was during a period in my life when I couldn't care less for a 286 computer, no matter if it was unused, still in its original packaging, possibly even shrink wrapped.

Davs og velkommen! I noticed the name Multifusk here a little while ago and figured it had to be Danish. :)

BTW: Do you have a list of the CPUs you have collected? Perhaps that would help other people fill you in.

Specially Cyrix has stolen my Hart, they are nice to look at, and many of the inventions in the early 1990's came from Cyrix.
I have around 350 CPU's from that period.

Hans, welcome to the forum.

Yes, the Cyrix chips are pretty. How do you display the chips? Have you built special display boxes?
-Dave

Ooh.. a pastry collector neat. Ok sorry and bad joke, it's 6pm and I'm hyper to get out of work on a weekend ;-)

Kidding aside, wow on the CPU collection. Sounds very impressive and I know a few other folks that collect CPUs too so you're not alone out there. It's an impressive collection of systems you've acquired too and that's awesome that you still have your first computer. I have our first family computer in my collection too and it's the one I cherish the most regardless of lack of rarity or otherwise.

Big welcome to the forums! I'm surprised to hear you like Cyrix but that's cool.. everyone has those certain things that are near and dear. I just knew two computer companies that had so many cyrix based systems come back as "bad" they stopped taking them (for free) and stopped selling them. On the bright side it probably makes them pretty easy to acquire for your collection if you look around US sites.

Ok, the rarely spotted rain storm is moving in (Texas.. I think we've had 70 or so days over 100f lately) so I'm gonna get outta here before everyone driving home freaks out about a wet road (the oil build up on the road due to lack of rain makes it slick like ice when the road first gets wet).

Are you pursuing more systems still or focusing more on the muss less space but important processor collection?

Yes Cyrix also made some systems where they pressed the speed too much, that gave the customers many problems, but they also dubbled the clockspeed on 386 Boards. And Cyrix looks nice in the collection

CPU collectors meets on CPU-World.com/forum. There is around 100 serius collectors Worldwide, many of them have 2-3000 chips in their collection.

Multifusk

Davs og velkommen! I noticed the name Multifusk here a little while ago and figured it had to be Danish. :)

BTW: Do you have a list of the CPUs you have collected? Perhaps that would help other people fill you in.

Hello do I sence a bit of Danish:D
I don't have a list yet. But I am working on it

Multifusk

Hans, welcome to the forum.

Yes, the Cyrix chips are pretty. How do you display the chips? Have you built special display boxes?
-Dave

I have made a special Picture-frame, So they are hanging on my wall
I will post Pictures later

Multifusk

Hello do I sence a bit of Danish
Well, more than a bit. I have lived in Canada for over 50 years now, but I still read, write, and speak Danish fairly fluently. So as not to get too narrow a view of the world here in North America, I read the Danish IT sites like version2 as well as the regular papers like BT, JP etc. :)

Back