• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

OMG - 52 today!!!

bettablue

Veteran Member
I never thought I would live long enough to even know what 50 was. Now I'm 2 years past that! 31 years ago, I was using up another gallon of gas just to start my car, I couldn't adfford any of the computers I really wanted becaus the prices were just way too high and my life revolved around what drugs I could get that day.

A lot has changed since then. I would like to think Im a bit smarter, I can finaaly afford my dream computer, (My IBM5150 PC), I'm off the drugs and have been or almost 30 years! And I don't even grink any more. Well, I do drink, but only once in a great while.

Where has the time gone? It was yesterday that I was drooling over the keyboards in the college computer lab!

Oh, well. Such is life. Now, I'm just another old nerd! :computer: I want to thank all of you who have sent their birthday wishes and greetings. Thanks everyone...

Many happy returns. I've just celebrated mine. A couple of years ahead of you at 54. If it was the 18th Jan when you posted your note, then we share the same day.

Tez

Thank you all!

Yes, time does fly. And not just because of my baby either, but having the 5150 does bring me back a few years. There are so many things we have all seen change. Some good, some not so good, but always moving forward. I only hope I can live another 30 or 40 years.

Any way, thanks for the birthday wishes my friends. After my near death experience in November, this was a very special birthday for me, AND my wife.

yes, happy belated b-day! glad you're off the drugs, i was the same way until about 8-10 years ago. it's a bad way to go.

Damn, I was wondering what that smell was. Cause nothing that young could be that bad!

Thanks Chrome... I'll be watching for yours too. Cause, you know, all us old farts do seem to congregate in small areas. That's to cover for each other as somebody lets one loose. Then the nurses don't know who to blame... LOL

Now I wish I had a whoopie Cushion!

Ya darn old Fart! Happy B-day ol buddy!!!

Sorry for the bump here, but this post brought back a lot of memories. This was over 2 years ago, on Jan 06 2012 that this post was originally posted. Since then, I have made a lot of good friends, learned a heck of a lot more than I ever thought I would, and have even given back where I can.

Why am I bringing this up here and now? I guess the best response is to say Thanks to everyone who has helped me one way or another, and especially those of you who have put up with my BS. I know I can be a pain in the A _ _, and often am. I still get confused easily because of the liver condition and rising levels of ammonia in my blood system. Still, this has been and continues to be one Hell of a ride.

Without you, I wouldn't have the collection of vintage computers I have, nor the assorted peripherals I've been stockpiling for over 4 years. I especially wouldn't have my 5150 system or the 5161 expansion unit.

So without further adieu;
Thank you one and all.

You've always been a standup guy. You are more than a colleague: you are a good friend.

Rick Ethridge

I have always tried to be straight with all my dealings, especially here. Thanks for the vote of confidence. And, I have made more than just a few friends, you are definitely among the best.

Thank you.

I still get confused easily because of the liver condition and rising levels of ammonia in my blood system.

Just curious but have your Doctors ever recommended a low dosage of alcohol (half a glass or a glass of red wine a day)? I don't think I've ever heard or researched ammonia in blood but liver wise some study did claim that an irony was that a low amount of alcohol was the only thing they'd ever seen that a liver was able to repair itself. Most studies implied liver damage was permanent.

Back