• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Where'd Terry Yager go?

lol Ole Juul's trying to coax him out eh? Yeah he sorta dropped off. Figure life probably took priority over computer hell although he makes a cameo appearance once and a while here for important threads like beer, etc.

Yeah, Ol' T was always in there with some obscure knowledge that would solve a weird problem, or a quick quip that would actually make you LOL.

We talked on the phone on a pretty regular basis and it was always a pleasure that I'd put everything aside for. Boy, did he have stories.

I think the only person whose dropping out of sight would be more profound would be Erik's.

No offense to any of the other regulars, but, a good chunk of the charm of VCF left with Terry.

Bringing this topic back to life, I'm feeling a bit trollish myself :D My trolling is limited to gaming stuff at the moment, and I think we're all part of the We Think Terry Is a Great Guy Fan Club.

i didn't catch the offending thread before it was deleted, but i'm glad he's back. he is cool. plus he sent me a zenith 8088 supersport for the cost of shipping. :rockon:

Awww, geeee...

Awww, geeee...

:blush: Tnx fr the kind words, but even tho I'm not completely banished, I am grounding myself till further notice, so no more fun stuff for now. <T clamps electronic monitor around his ankle>

--T

Last edited:
Well still, you thoroughly entertain us. It all goes in one ear and it's so funny that it decides to stay.
Maybe the threads ya started may have broken the ice a little too much, but were hilarious too.

You could always go out at 1:45am, find someone who has ethernet, splice a seperate ethernet cord to it and run it to your trailer.:D Then bury the cable.

:blush: Tnx fr the kind words, but even tho I'm not completely banished,...
--T
Aw, you're not trying then ;-)

I've incurred Mike B's wrath numerous times and not only had my threads and posts deleted, but been banned for a few days and even told that I could go and f@#k myself if I didn't agree with his decisions (about deleting other peoples' posts, incidentally, not mine)...

But I gotta agree that lotsa folks would have found your post that started all this fuss in pretty bad taste and completely irrelevant, and the admins are here to keep things tidy according to their criteria after all...

Don't worry, ya didn't miss anything you won't be able to catch reprised in some form on SNL tomorrow night (if anybody ever bothers to watch that dawg these days).

--T

Aw, you're not trying then ;-)

I've incurred Mike B's wrath numerous times and not only had my threads and posts deleted, but been banned for a few days and even told that I could go and f@#k myself if I didn't agree with his decisions (about deleting other peoples' posts, incidentally, not mine)...

But I gotta agree that lotsa folks would have found your post that started all this fuss in pretty bad taste and completely irrelevant, and the admins are here to keep things tidy according to their criteria after all...

In other words, they are the official censors and arbitrarily decide what stays and what doesn't, based on their personal tastes. Is that about it? If there was complaints about it, then it should have been deleted, otherwise it's just another case of people taking it upon theirselves to determine what people should and shouldn't see. For some reason, the phrase "petty despot" comes to mind.

I talked to T the other day and he told me what was deleted and I didn't think it was offensive at all, in fact, I thought it was a pre-requisite for the job.

I wonder if this post will disappear and the thread will be locked?

In other words, they are the official censors and arbitrarily decide what stays and what doesn't, based on their personal tastes. Is that about it?
Yup.

I talked to T the other day and he told me what was deleted and I didn't think it was offensive at all, in fact, I thought it was a pre-requisite for the job.
I didn't either, but politics are generally unwelcome on forums like this and I can see why some folks might have found the rest inappropriate as well.

I wonder if this post will disappear and the thread will be locked?
Time will tell; the irony as usual is that responding to T's post and/or deleting it has stirred up much more off-topic noise than if it had just been ignored.

Still, on the whole this place runs pretty well and we do have the admins to thank for that (as well as all of us well-behaved members of course ;-) )

Back