• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Introducing myself

Mister_Alex

Experienced Member
I've been nagging everyone here with my 'noob questions', so you might as well know more about me. :)
I'm 26 years old, a professional fiction author whom enjoys vintage computer games and programming during whatever free time is available. I grew up on a Tandy computer, playing games like Dogger and Hero's Quest, but prefer the Apple lines because there are so many more wonderful games.

Not having much time to relax makes it harder to learn more about these older machines on my own, so I hope no one gets too annoyed by my inquiries. Though time to time I'll try and post Applesoft BASIC code examples, to show that you don't need knowledge of Assembly Language to produce something that's fun. :)

Welcome, sound like a good addition to the forums :) There are a lot of programmers here too so always good to add some to the group. Any vintage coders are certainly a plus. When I first started out programming that always bugged me with all the examples to do x function in basic, C, pascal, then it just into ML code. I was always a bit stumped why the coder considered it a C program, etc if it couldn't really be done using only C.

Back