• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

YouTube videos of some of my other computers

Boy you're really getting into this YouTube thing. :) I've watched some of them and would like to say how neat and informational they are.

Thank you Ian. Yes, it's the main project at the moment, so all my "spare VC hobby time" is devoted to it. I want to cover most of the notable models I have (and even some of the less notable!). I'm hoping casual folk who stumble across them might get some value out of them also, and release the significance in history of some of these old dinosaurs.

Tez

Tez

Another one of my computers in the spotlight. The not-so-well-known (but handsome) EACA Colour Genie.
http://youtu.be/8HozhCgfXWA

Tez

Is the Colour Genie backwards compatible with TRS-80 Model I / Video Genie software? The colors and graphics look much better than what the CoCo 1 & 2 could do... but I guess the CoCo was an easier solution for Tandy, since they were already using the 6809 and Motorola's color video chip for the Videotex terminal, so they only needed a few more chips to turn it into a full computer. (And also the Videotex didn't sell that well, so maybe they were just trying to use up a large stock of 6809's they ordered!)

Is the Colour Genie backwards compatible with TRS-80 Model I / Video Genie software?

Only as far as straight BASIC was concerned. Despite having a Z80, the colour genie had a different memory map to the model 1 so pokes and machine code programs had to be rejigged to get them to work.

Tez

I was delighted to see your video on the Aquarius. I've had one stashed for years and finding info on it was hard to find. I seem to remember I tested it and then abandoned it. I've never been into gaming very much. I don't at present have a TV with an RCA connector altho it does power up. It's a model 5931R and produced by Radiofin(Far East) Ltd. Someone from OZ must have brought it over to Canada. It has the cartridge filler.and a 5-pin cassette socket. What cassette player did it use ? The RS recorder I've treasured turns out to be not the one used on the XT and I imagine the Aquarius. No 5 pin socket. DAMN. I thought I had used it on a PET after laborously copying out programs from Commodore computer magazines. Arrgghh. I'll be putting it up for sale at some point.

Lawrence

The dawning of the Age of Aquarius. A new collection video looking at this short-lived 1983 offering from Mattel.
http://youtu.be/YpzHPfqKLb8

I don't at present have a TV with an RCA connector altho it does power up.

No RCA or no RF/Antenna? You can usually use a VCR as a nice middle man to get up to RCA. I hook lots of stuff up to a VCR attached to an Amiga monitor (RCA) for quick testing.

Back