• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

AT Power Supply

Looking for an AT Power Supply (around 250W) with the older P8 and P9 connectors on it.

Can pay via paypal

are you looking for a power supply like the big, old, original AT desktop case power supply's with
the switch on the side?

or an AT power supply sized more like modern ones?

ATPSU.jpg

Modern sized (early 90's) version...

Actually, I nothiced one of my ATX supplies has the original connectors (looks like it) as one piece, and then a another cable to convert to the smaller, newer plug type.

But yeah, I need an early 90's PSU

My ATX supply has what looks like an AT end on it, and then a converter that expands it to a larger, newer cable for modern MOBO's..

BUT, its one piece still, but looks like the one piece (without the converter) will fit on an old board...

Is this OK or not? OR do I need to get the ATX - AT Converter?

I know, I know...still waiting on that...I had to find the supply quick though for something I was working on.

I did find one for now...will need more though soon, so when you are ready Arrow_runner, I will be here!!

Since you're not looking for the big, IBM variety like the one I mentioned above I took another look around and came across one like you are looking for. It's a 250W model like this one...
attachment.php

I know, I know...still waiting on that...I had to find the supply quick though for something I was working on.

I did find one for now...will need more though soon, so when you are ready Arrow_runner, I will be here!!

Haha I can tell that you got bit by the bug bad!

My ATX supply has what looks like an AT end on it, and then a converter that expands it to a larger, newer cable for modern MOBO's..

BUT, its one piece still, but looks like the one piece (without the converter) will fit on an old board...

Is this OK or not? OR do I need to get the ATX - AT Converter?

It's probably okay, but let's see a photo if you want confirmation.

Just be aware that if you do use one of the ATX-AT adapters, there's one important difference. ATX power is "soft-off", meaning that there's always power somewhere in the circuit unless there's a switch on the PSU itself. AT power supplies switch the mains power and so are "hard off" as it were. A small difference, but perhaps important to you.

That reminds me, is there a way to utilize the power switches found on modern cases?
I bought one of those ATX->AT converters but they all need the always on kind of switch.

Well, yes you could--since there's always +3.3V on one line, you could just use a flip-flop connected to toggle and you'd have an alternate-action on-off switch.

But it's probably far easier just to find the proper mechanical switch.

Yeah, I know...I posted this thread before we talked...it just keeps going...and the stuff about moding the newer ones is interesting though, so glad its still going...

Let me power up the one I have and check the voltages, I will get the specs shortly.
I checked out this suppy and it was dead, so to the scrap pile. I hope you found one. If not I can keep my eyes open for one. I have about 10 more computers to go through this weekend.

Back