• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Interest in an XT-IDE v2 Parts Kit?

glitch

Veteran Member
I'm in the process of pricing and sourcing components for my XT-IDE build-out. Is anyone interested in buying parts kits?

Me too, probably.

I've been meaning to buy the parts for some time now, but haven't gotten myself to do it..it would help a lot to be able to buy everything from one source, for sure.

But since I'm in no immediate need of the parts to complete the card (my only XT works fine with its MFM drive) I'd only buy if it's a fairly good deal for me (including the shipping to Sweden...)

But please count me in anyways :)

/Björn

Just wondering why offer a kit? It is possible to create and share a BOM using Mouser's project manager or similar feature of some another parts distributor.
Now it might be slightly more expensive than gathering parts from multiple other sources, but you get completely new parts.

If there is an interest I can create and share such a project/BoM...

Just wondering why offer a kit? It is possible to create and share a BOM using Mouser's project manager or similar feature of some another parts distributor.
Now it might be slightly more expensive than gathering parts from multiple other sources, but you get completely new parts.

I have 11 to build, and I use the TTL in other projects, so I make large purchases of it. I hadn't originally intended on doing a kit, but I mentioned it on another mailing list and got a few requests.

I want part kit too.
I don't live in US so Jameco part numbers don't help much, i have to hunt them down from many shops here in Finland and maybe even order some parts from ebay or something cause some parts they are not selling here. It would be just easy to get all the correct needed parts in a same package. I could even pay a little extra for that. Jameco has option to order internationally but i think its going to be expensive shipping and they don't accept Paypal.

If there is an interest I can create and share such a project/BoM...

And here is the link to the project on Mouser.
The total comes to $41.15 (add $5 or so for shipping in US), but it includes everything you need to build the board except of the PCB and the solder :)

The single most expensive part is the 28C256 EEPROM (more than $8 ). The next expensive part is 16C550 UART (almost $4)... you don't need that, the TRS202, and some capacitors if you're not going to build the serial port part of the board.
It might be possible to save a couple of $$ by purchasing one long pin header and cutting it into 2 or 3 pin header pieces.

The total comes to $41.15 (add $5 or so for shipping in US), but it includes everything you need to build the board except of the PCB and the solder :)

The single most expensive part is the 28C256 EEPROM (more than $8 ). The next expensive part is 16C550 UART (almost $4)... you don't need that, the TRS202, and some capacitors if you're not going to build the serial port part of the board.
It might be possible to save a couple of $$ by purchasing one long pin header and cutting it into 2 or 3 pin header pieces.

"FedEx International Priority -- € 20,00"
No Paypal - i can't buy parts anyway cause i don't have credit card. Wire transfer fee $25..
Guess that's going to be a bit too expensive to order from there for me, not living in US. All cool and nice stuff is in US and i'm stuck here in Finland=)
Other expenses are more than the parts.. :)

If anybody mail one set of those parts for me, I will pay him postage + parts + $5 extra. PM if interested.

Last edited:

Mouser doesn't like to ship overseas. USD 100 for shipping to Chile! Well, that's expensive don't you think?

I'd be in for three parts kits. Also interested in XT-FDC parts kits (three also).

Jose.

The single most expensive part is the 28C256 EEPROM (more than $8 )

The price of 28C chips seems to vary a lot (most upwards). The $1 AMIC 29010 could be used instead, with only very minor layout changes.

"FedEx International Priority -- € 20,00"
And in addition to that you'll have to pay the FedEx charge for handling customs (they won't allow you to do it yourself), they'll most of the time calculate customs for a higher value than what's on the invoice, and you'll end up paying VAT on all of that (including shipping), so the total for you would, in my experience, be somewhere between 90 euro (at best, when FedEx don't overcharge) and a bit above 100 euro. That's calculating from the $41 parts price, shipping, charges, and Finnish VAT (which I think is 24%). And under the assumption that Finland doesn't actually have any import duty on electronics (I don't think so).

-Tor

And in addition to that you'll have to pay the FedEx charge for handling customs (they won't allow you to do it yourself), they'll most of the time calculate customs for a higher value than what's on the invoice, and you'll end up paying VAT on all of that (including shipping), so the total for you would, in my experience, be somewhere between 90 euro (at best, when FedEx don't overcharge) and a bit above 100 euro. That's calculating from the $41 parts price, shipping, charges, and Finnish VAT (which I think is 24%). And under the assumption that Finland doesn't actually have any import duty on electronics (I don't think so).

-Tor

Oh crap, that's just too much for me.
I received my PCB and it was fine and now i want to start to populate it :)

Any news on the parts kit?
If not, i start hunting them down from here. It opens the possibility to use used parts too which lowers the cost a bit, like connectors, pin headers, chip sockets...

Thanks for posting the link to the project list on Mouser. I just got my kits in and it was so much easier than scrounging for individual components on eBay.

I wasted a lot of time using the second BOM for the XT-FDC controller.
* eBay links that were sold out.
* Mouser part numbers for items no longer manufactured.
* Parts from China I ordered 10 days ago and I haven't got a tracking number.

Back