• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

A1200 Price

Smack2k

Veteran Member
What is a good price for an Amiga 1200 these days?

Thinking of getting one, but wanted to start here with some prices...

Depends on where you look, what condition you want it in, and what goodies you get with it. I got a pretty good deal on my 1200, the computer plus a CF card/adapter and a decent accelerator for a couple hundred bucks, but I provided my own monitor.

I don't know how the availability is in the USA, but even here in Europe where the Amiga seemed to have a higher presence, you'd expect to pay at least ~$100 to $150 for a loose Amiga 1200. Anything below equivalent to $100 would either be a bargain or an unit in poor condition, perhaps not even working properly.

I've watched a few A1200 auctions on ebay go down and they all seem to be between $200-300. I'm not sure what is so special about the A1200 that it commands that kind of price.. but it appears to.

The A1200 is probably sought-after because it's one of only two AGA models (three if you count the CD32,) has a PCMCIA slot for easy file transfer or networking, has built-in IDE, and has quite a wide variety of expansions available for it. If you're looking for an inexpensive way to get a semi-power-user Amiga setup, it's pretty much the way to go.

...you'd expect to pay at least ~$100 to $150 for a loose Amiga 1200. Anything below equivalent to $100 would either be a bargain or an unit in poor condition, perhaps not even working properly.
Back in the early 2000's, I was able to pick up a bare A1200 for about 50 pounds at a British car boot sale. A few years ago, AmigaKit was selling brand new A1200's in the box for about $250 US at the Amiwest Show. Now AmigaKit is offering refurbished A1200's at about $206 (stock expected, to be announced).

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug

Is it a good deal to go the AmigaKit route?

I'd get it with teh Magic Pack and 3.1 OS...

OPinions? any idea when their stock is coming back in?

I REALLY want to find a 1200 now....

The A4000 is IDE as well and you need standard 72 pin SIMMs for chip and user RAM plus a slot for a CDROM (just no cheap PCMCIA for networking) and they seem to be considerably more expensive. Purchased a set of 3.1 ROMs for my 1200 and a bigger PS last year and have yet to try them out (Blizzard 030/50 CPU upgrade).

Best time to get a cheap A1200 was a decade ago when I got mine, prices have gone up quite a bit since then.

I have A500,2000,1200,3000,4000 all nice machines with quirks.

I have the A500 and the 2000 (with Toaster and all upgrades)....but still need that 1200 for the collection...

Has anyone dealt with AmigaKit for the 1200's?

If not, where is best place (outside ebay) to try and find one?

Are you in the UK?

I have one here with a new keyboard, CF card adapter, 68020 accelerator and a 4GBCF card, boxed. I like it but I'm not really using it...

Last edited:
I have 2 New Magic Packs for sale

I have 2 New Magic Packs for sale

What is a good price for an Amiga 1200 these days?

Thinking of getting one, but wanted to start here with some prices...

Let me know if any of you who posted are still interested in a 1200. I just came across 2 NOS Amiga Magic Packs I will part with.

I have 2 Amiga 1200 Magic Packs that I just found here in the US. Let me know if any of you are still interested and we can talk. They are both brand new never used.

Back