• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

questions about 11/83 CPU board, QBUS and card interoperability

I shoot .22 and .308 target rifle. When I have time on my hands I reload my own; Lapua on Lapua.
I guess I should have edited that beast out of the picture ;-(

I shoot .22 and .308 target rifle. When I have time on my hands I reload my own; Lapua on Lapua.

Heck no :->. It's good to see that people have other avocations ... worked myself up to "sharpshooter" status with a .22 when I was _very_ much younger, but that all is no longer in my avocation-list!

"That beast" appears to be a newer model RCBS Rockchucker. I'm still using one I bought used in 1967.

It's said that normal people collect things as a hobby whereas geeks collect hobbies.

I guess I can get over being hesitant about posting pictures of my work area. You never can tell who may or may not be hopolophobic. My current project (an IBM 5160) would be seen perched on a handy work surface (the top of an RL02). In the background would be two US Rifle Caliber .30 M1 Garands, a Springfield M1903, a Springfield M1A, a Winchester M1894 rifle, and a Ruger Mini-14. As for calibers I run through my Rockchucker, as Jethro Bodine would say "somewhere between a bunch and a whole bunch".

It is indeed. Note that in Scotland there is NO WAY I could have rifles or shotguns or ammo on view in my property. All equipment and ammo has to be locked away in approved 5 lever lock boxes when not in use. Off topic? shooting, computing/programming and chemistry seems to need the same sort of mind-set.

(Off Topic Warning)
It is interesting that you lump shooting, computing/programing and chemistry together as those are exactly my hobby/vocations as well. I am a research chemist which has supported my shooting hobby (see my shooting shack below which combines shoot out the window 100 yard rifle range and reloading bench) and my computer hobby (PDP-11/83, PDP-11/70 console driven by Beagle Bone/Simh, MV 3100-30, MV 4000-60A).

DSC_0056.jpg

It is indeed. Note that in Scotland there is NO WAY I could have rifles or shotguns or ammo on view in my property. All equipment and ammo has to be locked away in approved 5 lever lock boxes when not in use. Off topic? shooting, computing/programming and chemistry seems to need the same sort of mind-set.

More than likely should not say this but for a period of time a couple years back when people were dumping lots of tube displays would sometimes pull one or two from the recycling shed and take home for target practice. Always wanted to try that with a display while it was running but never got around to that.

(Off Topic Warning)
It is interesting that you lump shooting, computing/programing and chemistry together as those are exactly my hobby/vocations as well. I am a research chemist which has supported my shooting hobby (see my shooting shack below which combines shoot out the window 100 yard rifle range and reloading bench) and my computer hobby (PDP-11/83, PDP-11/70 console driven by Beagle Bone/Simh, MV 3100-30, MV 4000-60A).

View attachment 22872

Ohh!...... Nice!!!

Back