• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

replacement material for the black dec air-filter foam

iainmaoileoin

Experienced Member
The stuff in my kit is mochit if not mingin. I should do something to replace it.
I have hunted the threads. All I can find is a ref to "It is: Natural Aire Foam (model KK500), manufacturered by Flanders Precision Aire. I got it at Ace Hardware. It's about $ 7 for a 15" x 24" sheet that you simply cut to size.". The link to the "wash and reuse" aluminium has died. All I can find is here

I am sure I read recently in a DEC thread that somebody knew where to get replacement foam filter material.

Does anybody have a scoobie where I read about it? Any pointers?
Thanks

I buy my bulk foam filter media from McMaster-Carr, but I gather that they only ship internationally for established customers. I wonder if there are any comparable industrial suppliers in the UK?

Wow! I thought Yiddish was a descriptive language but whatever tongue Iain is nattering away in is clearly up there with the best! Can we get live audio, please?

Jack

I am currently using the filter material from kitchen cooker hoods.
Only on the grounds is it better than nothing.

NF6X - that was a link I saw some months ago - but I lost it - thanks.
Reusable Rigid Polyester Air Filter Rolls, 1/2"?
or Electronic Equipment Air Filter Pads
I own a few companies, it may be they will talk to company more than an individual?

Chuck(G) thanks - I will give them a bell on Tuesday (it is Easter in the UK, and our world shuts down - it is strange as most of us are not even church visiting Christians).
Some of the brochure pictures look close to what we use.

A few months back I took the filter from a dec rk05 to the hardware store and found the closest match, then I cut the filter sheet to fit the space. My objective was to filter dust as was, and also to match the filter density so as not to strain the fans pulling air through the filter.
b

Billdeg, a hardware store is a novel concept for me. I live a 1000ft up a hill, my nearest neighbours are quarter of a mile east/west and about 3 miles north/south (the ones to the south need you to cross Loch Ness and brave the monster). My electric goes off often and my water is pumped from a well (notice what happens when the electric stops). My city claims to have a population of 50,000 but has claimed that for a decade. I suspect 30K is nearer the mark. The real cities like Aberdeen and Glasgow that might have a decent hardware store are a 6 hour round-trip. I really need to find something on-line. I am currently using the foam from an cooker hood, but .... dont tell the wife ;-)

Last edited:
Yeah - the Gaelic dictionary was confused by those words, but the (colorful) meaning was pretty clear from context. I just really want to _hear_ him uttering these sounds!
Jack

I will get to a tape-recorder one day. What you had was not Gaelic.
Here in Scotland we have four indigenous(sp) languages. The imposed English, Scots (frequently called a bad dialect of English - when it is not, mainly lowland), Doric - east coast and Gaelic - west coast. Glasgow - where I was brung up - has its own venacular - often a mixture of three of the others.

Mochit is DORIC "I get richt mochit reddin oot the byre." -> I get really dirty cleaning out the cow shed.
"mingin" is from SCOTS -> revolting, stinking, putrid, rancid etc.

In Gaelic I would have used faileach, salach or just plain uabhasch grot (as in grotty).

More op-codes in Scotland than in a VAX - and the logic analyser is nae guid.

I will get to a tape-recorder one day. What you had was not Gaelic.
Here in Scotland we have four indigenous(sp) languages. The imposed English, Scots (frequently called a bad dialect of English - when it is not, mainly lowland), Doric - east coast and Gaelic - west coast. Glasgow - where I was brung up - has its own venacular - often a mixture of three of the others.

Mochit is DORIC "I get richt mochit reddin oot the byre." -> I get really dirty cleaning out the cow shed.
"mingin" is from SCOTS -> revolting, stinking, putrid, rancid etc.

In Gaelic I would have used faileach, salach or just plain uabhasch grot (as in grotty).

More op-codes in Scotland than in a VAX - and the logic analyser is nae guid.

As often as those islands have been invaded, settled and resettled "mixture of the others" is pretty much true throughout.

Back