• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

eBay- VINTAGE TREASURE PACKARD BELL CORNER COMPUTER MULTI MEDIA DESKTOP

inotarobot

Veteran Member
Just saw this on ebay Australia Location Sydney Australia

as a buy it now at Aus$120 The case is almost like a boomerang in shape. I have never seen one like it.

Good thing I am 'committed to downsizing my collection" else I would buy it just for the uniqueness of the computer case shape. running win98 on a pentium 7

Packard bel corner multimedia unit.JPG

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/COLLECTO...522494?hash=item2ca5ff23be:g:kzkAAOSwfZ1WaR-T

Quote of eBay item"

hursday, ‎December ‎10, ‎2015 , COLLECTORS VINTAGE TREASURE PACKARD BELL CORNER COMPUTER MULTI MEDIA DESKTOP , YOU ARE BIDDING ON A USED VINTAGE PACKARD BELL CORNER COMPUTER MULTI MEDIA DESKTOP , ITEM IS IN WORKING CONDITION SEE ALL PICTURES BEFORE YOU BID , ITEM HAS SOME MARKS FROM WARE , YOU CAN SEARCH THE WORLD WIDE WEB AND THIS ITEM IS THE ONLY ONE YOU WILL , FIND ON OFFER HERE .CORNER COMPUTERS ARE RARE COLLECTORS ITEMS BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT LIKE YOUR ,AVERAGE COMPUTER IN DESIGN , SOFTWARE WINDOWS 98 ,MICROSOFT OFFICE 97 , PENTIUM SOCKET 7 / 133 MHZ CPU INSTALLED , MEMORY INSTALLED 32MB , SOUND CARD ESS MODEL ES 1868 , HARD DRIVE INSTALLED 6GB , SIX SPEED CD ROM DRIVE INSTALLED , 1.44 FLOPPY DRIVE INSTALLED , ANY ITEMS USED TO TEST THIS ITEM MONITOR KEYBOARD MOUSE ARE NOT INCLUDED WITH THIS ITEM, YOU ARE JUST BIDDING ON THE PACKARD BELL CORNER COMPUTER MULTI MEDIA 90 DESKTOP COMPUTER ONLY , POSTAGE ONLY THEIR IS NO PICKUP ON THIS ITEM THANK YOU , PCVINTAGEITEMS"

Last edited:
I've seen these before. they are fairly rare and sought after by Packard Bell enthusiasts but there still out there if you look hard enough. I'm not even sure they qualify as "rare" but that's subjective i guess...more like extremely uncommon.

I remember these--my impression was that they were a colossal waste of desk space.

Now, find me a PB 250 for sale.... :) That would be something.

Any desktop of the time was a waste of desktop space (made less so if you could stack a CRT monitor on top). There is a reason we all switched to towers that could go under the desk and thin LCD monitors that leave you with room on your desk to work on.

Packard Bell had some interesting looking designs which is why the one listed is collectable.

Some desktops are worse than others--the IBM 5170 was a real pig, which is why you could purchase stands that allowed them to be placed on-end beside your desk. Unfortunately, this prompted people to put them on the floor where the dirt lives.

I sill use desktops when I can find them, simply because I can stack a monitor on top (in my case, LCD) and raise the screen to a viewable height. Sitting upright in a chair is to be preferred from a posture standpoint than working hunched over like some embodiment of Quasimodo. Also, it's much easier to get inside the case of most desktops and work on them. Tower cases just serve as a place to put your coffee cup.

But the right-angle PB thing is just silly.

I don't know, my bedroom desk is made for corner use kind of like that Packard bell. You can get a monitor stand or just wall mount the monitor (or 4k TV whatever you have).

Okay, I'll concede that the footprint might be useful in this situation:
traditional-desks-and-hutches.jpg

That's my white wale! I want the thing, but they don't ship to the US, and I'd totally pay the asking price. *sigh* O well, I'll keep looking.

Looks like the auction has ended - it might be worth checking with Tezza or some of our other well-known members from that part of the world, see if you can get someone to act as a proxy. If it's your white whale... use that upcoming tax return money and snag it!! :)

If you look carefully you'll note the inclusion of a couple of USB ports. I thought the corner case system we are more familiar with lacked these?

Hi again,

Sorry it seems its sold already.

Apologies for not messaging seller and getting you answer sooner, as I was out all day yesterday 'dumster diving' at my local Ewaste tip.

My guess if shipping was being quoted aus$42 between states, then shipping to usa would have been around $150

their were no usb ports on the original as far as i know i purchased one of the first back in 1995

Back