• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Micron Xceed Video Card for Apple Macintosh SE/30, Grey-Scale Ready

Bostonian

Micron Technology Xceed Video Card with a video cable for the Apple Macintosh SE/30. FCC ID F5R0369, Made in USA, imprinted with 250-03690-010 REV D.

It has both the onboard 10 pin connector for a gray-scale adapter (adapter not included) and a 12 pin video cable connector. There is a PDS (Processor Direct Slot) AMP 535022-1 connector. It appears to have two oscillators; a S15R8 and a P1100-3S Pletronics. There is a Brooktree BT478KPJ66. The serial number is 118596.

It comes with the video port cable harness with expansion port bracket.

This was removed from a terminally damaged Apple, a result of severe battery leakage while in long term storage. This card was unaffected. It is being sold untested, as is and without a return option. As the saying goes, "what you see is what you get". I can't determine if this is an Xceed Color 30, a Color 30HR, a MacroColor 30, or something else.

P1020857.jpg

I think it works, it should be fine. But being on Ebay, if some dufus buys it and botches the install and claims not as described... you likely know the scenario. I don't expect to sell it at that price, it's there only so offers can be submitted making it synonymous with a sealed bid sale which the Ebay format does not offer.

If this link isn't allowed feel free to remove it. It's not intended to be self-promotion:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281082663312

Last edited:
The link is fine and actually recommended when you post these links, so I'd add it to the other one with the CGA card too.

You 'think' it works is the same thing as 'it might not work'. If I were you I would almost consider getting a working SE/30 to stick it in and test it yourself. If you post pictures that it works you could probably even raise the price a little bit. That's just my opinion as a buyer; I don't think I'd spend almost a thousand dollars on an 'untested' card.

You 'think' it works is the same thing as 'it might not work'. If I were you I would almost consider getting a working SE/30 to stick it in and test it yourself. If you post pictures that it works you could probably even raise the price a little bit. That's just my opinion as a buyer; I don't think I'd spend almost a thousand dollars on an 'untested' card.

I'd be happy to do that if there's someone in the Boston area that has what it takes and is willing to help out. To acquire a SE/30... knowing me, I'd become too attached to it all again!

It's being sold untested only because it hasn't been used in years. I am pretty confident that it will work just fine, however, even if it's tested I am not willing to take the chance of someone unknown buying it on Ebay, installing it improperly or otherwise breaking it and simply returning it as not working. How does one protect against that? It makes sense to me to sell it as is and without a return option, even at a diminished price.

Last edited:
I have someone's offer to help after their taxes are done.

Would posting a video of it suffice as an indicator in good faith that it works, or do I have to assure that a buyer can install it without damage?

What's standard protocol?

Posting a video of it would be perfect. As far as assuring that a buyer can install it without damaging it... I don't know... I sell computer parts on eBay (not just vintage stuff) and people can mess up just about anything and send it back saying it's bad. On the other hand I think that the price tag on this puts it out of reach from lying, all thumbs scumbags.

Grumple... am concerned not only about the " lying, all thumbs scumbags" but also the smart people that sometimes do dumb things. I expect to repost it on Ebay next month with a video of it working. I don't think, reasonably so, that anything will come of the listing this time around. But who knows?

mmmm~
I really want to shove that in an SE/30 to do the grayscale CRT hack but I know what that will sell for. :(

Value of SE/30 256-greys video card

Value of SE/30 256-greys video card

I recently took out my old SE/30 that I hadn't fired up in probably 20 plus years. After a few hiccups it finally came to life. It has the micron xceed gray-scale video card for an external monitor that still works fine. I'm thinking the card is worth more than the computer but have no idea what it is worth and could not find any completed sales in the completed auction section of Ebay. Does anyone know what these working cards are going for these days? (2016) Thanks in advance.

I sold one of my boards for about $650 a couple years ago as an eBay auction. It should have gone for more IMO. I remember seeing them go for $1k+ but that was usually with the add-on parts for internal display.

Back