• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by A-ko

1. A-ko

GE Workmaster = IBM Portable PC?

Wow, didn't realize that. Learned something new today! the Tandy TL with the 8-bit slots but 286 processors are still technically XT though, correct?
  2. A-ko

How uncommon is a Franklin ACE 500?

I've owned multiple Ace 1000s, passed on several 1000s that were overpriced, I've SEEN 1200s in person, but I honestly didn't even know the 500 existed until right now...if that's any indication of rarity.
  3. A-ko

GE Workmaster = IBM Portable PC?

286 processor does not guarantee AT architecture. Many 286 upgrade cards existed, and 286-powered XT class systems also existed, see some of the Tandy 286 models, or the IBM PC XT 286.
  4. A-ko

Just in : Olivetti M19

Beautiful! these small form-factor PC clones are some of my favorite, but incredibly hard to find in my experience...
  5. A-ko

Found! Ibm xt and monitor

People who snip the cords off of electronics on the curb are my sworn enemies. Imagine using $15 in gas, going around exerting physical effort in the heat, snipping the $0.01-in-copper cords off of devices that are worth sometimes hundreds of dollars intact...
  6. A-ko

New to IBM - recommend a video card for 5150

Some of the OEM Zenith Data Systems VGA cards work in 8 and 16 bit mode. I'm actually running one in a Z-150 with no issues.
  7. A-ko

Bernoulli Transportable help?

I've tried this with all my disks and it never recognizes anything. Of course, who knows if any of these disks are any good...
  8. A-ko

Thanks! I'll try that out tomorrow. Dug out my old Powerbook so I can do some appletalk action.
  9. A-ko

Hey guys. I'm admittedly not the most experienced Mac user so forgive me. I have a SCSI external Bernoulli Transportable 150 drive, and I want to try to use it with my Macintosh LC. I have it hooked into the SCSI port on the back, I've tried a few different ID numbers, and I do have a terminator...
  10. A-ko

My Vintage Computer exhibition #6

Oh man, those local machines are awesome! I'd still love to do something like this locally.
  11. A-ko

Ethical vs. unethical system restoration?

If it retains the original functionality of whatever model it is, then I see no reason to take issue with it. If you were restoring an early IIe that had been enhanced later in life, would you undo that? I really think the only time to be THAT nitpicky is if its a model of paricular...
  12. A-ko

Orchid Twinturbo 12 accelerator card manual?

They claimed at the time that it would at least double the performance of your standard 4.77mhz XT. Maybe twin was a cute way of saying it would run at twice the speed? I got mine in a 5160 I found at a thrift store a couple years ago (rarity nowadays) and have built a "sleeper" out of an old...
  13. A-ko

Orchid Twinturbo 12 accelerator card manual?

Hey there, does anybody have a scan of the manual for the Orchid Twinturbo 286 accelerator card? All I can find online are photos of the card, or manuals for other Orchid products like the Tinyturbo. Maybe I’m stupid but I couldn’t seem to locate it. Any help would be much appreciated! Trying to...
  14. A-ko

Rare IBM PC Graphical File System, Kernel, Development Toolkit and Terminal Emulator

Auctioning my rare IBM Graphical File System, Development Toolkit, Terminal Emulator and Kernel System software and manual packages on Ebay. Very hard to come by as they did not sell a lot of these. Thanks for looking and happy bidding! https://www.ebay.com/itm/164628006078
  15. A-ko

Tandy 1000 Mouse / Calendar board mouse compatibility?

Hey all, I have the Tandy 1000 Mouse Controller / Calendar Board (Cat no. 25-1010) installed in my Tandy 1000. It has a serial port on the back, which is for a mouse obviously, but I can't seem to figure out what protocol it uses. I've tried Microsoft and Logitech serial mice, and when I run...
Back