• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by dittman

1. D

VCF East Model II Display

Yes, that was @pski's display.
  2. D

TRS-80 Model I upgrade to Level II 16k

I noticed you are in Tokyo, any chance you've found any of the operating systems that were released for the Japanese Model I with the Kana keyboard and ROMs?
  3. D

TRS-80 Model 1 won't boot from disk

@gp2000 Do you have the link?
  4. D

TRS-80 Model 1 won't boot from disk

Is the Japanese Model I the TEC with the Kana keyboard? I have one and none of the operating systems I tried work. George added support in trs80gp and had to patch TRSDOS 2.3 to work with it.
  5. D

VAX4000-705 CPU Card incomplete?

That was for expansion daughterboards.
  6. D

Osborne Executive Drive C manual found

I have a Drive C but no docs or disks. Maybe this will help me get it working.
  7. D

Info about Model I piggyback board HEIIB006000

A clean copy of the Service Manual for the Japanese TRS-80 is on Ira's site.
  8. D

Variations in the TRS-80 Model1 case (26-1006 part number)

Also with the Kana keyboard connector CN2 is used along with CN1 to connect to the keybard which has the ROMs installed there instead of on the main board.
  9. D

A special version of TRS-80 Model I Mainboard. Does anybody know this?

If I remember correctly due to the chip select issues mentioned by RedskullDC I selected a 16K ROM and then removed half of the result.
  10. D

ROM B showing as empty might be due to the ROM type. I got the same thing on my Japanese Model I until I changed the ROM type.
  11. D

The standard Japanese TRS-80 Model I board is the same size as the normal TRS-80 Model I. My first thought was this might be from the TEAC PS-80, but comparing the connectors to the pictures of the PS-80 system shows a difference. Would it be possible to get a dump of the ROMs?
  12. D

You two are right, I could have sworn they were different when I was looking at mine.
  13. D

The Model I for the Japan market with the Kana keyboard had the same case but the keyboard cutout was different to allow for the extra keys.
  14. D

pski model2archive

Did you have caps lock on?
  15. D

OpenVMS on x86 becoming available for the hobbyist program

I created two new E9.2-1 VMs yesterday and set them up in a cluster. No issues so far.
Back