• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by exs1s

1. E

Calling Laptop LCD Experts - Compaq LTE Lite 4/25E LCD Screen Goes Dim In Corners

Hi All, I have a problem with a Compaq LTE Lite 4/25E. This model has an Active Matrix Black and White VGA Display as shown in the pictures. From Compaq: This model has a 9.5” (24.1 cm) diagonal COMPAQ UltraView -- a Compaq-exclusive display unique with the COMPAQ LTE Lite Family of notebook...
  2. E

Attention Hard Drive Experts - Compaq LTE 5000 Hard Drive Replace With SSD

This is interesting. There's a 8GB drive shown as HDD2 on the main screen. There's only one hard drive installed - the one that's not being detected. And, from what I understand, the secondary IDE port is in the optional docking station. Anyway, nevertheless, the potential replacement drive is...
  3. E

Interestingly, this LTE 5000 identifies itself as a Deskpro 4000.
  4. E

Aparently, there's no drive installed. Wierdly, this drive works in every other computer.
  5. E

There is no log for the existing working hard drive. I just get the Disk and Partitions screen you'd presumably expect with DBAN?
  6. E

Hi Guys, As an extension to my original question about vintage Compaq laptop hard drives and compatibity with new drives, I've still not solved this. So I thought I'd start from scatch, with another Compaq laptop, this time a Compaq LTE 5000. I have two of these Compaq LTE 5000 laptops which...
  7. E

Compaq LTE Lite Service Manual

Hi Guys, I am looking for the service manual for the Compaq LTE Lite series. Preferably in PDF, but I'll take anything really. If anyone has a copy, please PM me, or post below and I'll PM you.
  8. E

IBM USB Floppy Drive - Issues With Non-IBM PC / Laptop

Hi Guys, I bought an IBM external USB floppy drive on eBay. Plugged it into an IBM T30 and it works flawlessly. Then plugged it into my HP laptop. Nothing. Dead. Then tried plugging it into my Lenovo P320 desktop. Nothing. And by the way, I have another USB floppy drive which does work on all...
  9. E

LCD Screen Repair Experts Please: Compaq LTE Lite 4/33C LCD Screen Issues

Hi Guys, I wonder if there's an expert on the board for these old LCD screens. I have a problem with a screen for one of my LTE Lite 4/33c. I have checked everything. Flexcable: Complete continuity. No shorts. No splits. Works fine on my LTE Lite 4/25 model. Screen: Works perfectly in my LTE...
  10. E

Vintage Compaq Enthusiast

Here is the memory module my SLT/286 has. It's 1MB. See the pictures, they're as clear as I could get.
  11. E

Replacing Failed Vintage Compaq LTE Lite 4/25 Hard Drive & Compact Flash Card Probs

Replacing Failed Vintage Compaq LTE Lite 4/25 Hard Drive & Compact Flash Card Probs Hi Guys, I've had some real success in the past with replacing old failing hard drives with Compact Flash cards and SSD drives. For example, I've successfully installed a mSATA SSD drive in an old IBM ThinkPad...
  12. E

Wanted: Trackmate Floppy Head Cleaner Software

I have a Trackmate Floppy Head Cleaner Cartridge, but no utility disk. Does anyone have the utility floppy they could PM me an IMG file of? I'm pretty sure it's abandonware by now.
  13. E

Vintage Compaq Enthusiast

Hi Guys, I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a retired guy from the UK. I have a keen interest in vintage Compaq IBM compatible machines including the early SLT, LTE, 306 etc series as well as the Elite and 5000 LTE series. The purpose of joining is that I have many years experience with these...
  14. E

Compaq LTE Lite 4/25 or 4/33c Floppy Drive (Citizen V1DA-15A or V1DA-15B) Required

Hi Guys, I'm on the lookout for a Citizen V1DA-15A or V1DA-15B for the Compaq LTE Lite 4/25c, 4/25e, 4/33. I'd also be interested in buying complete spares/repairs machines. PM me. If you can't PM me, reply to this thread and I'll PM you.
  15. E

Compaq LTE Lite 4/* LCD Ribbon Flex

Hi Guys, I'm looking for a flex ribbon cable for a Compaq LTE 4/25C, 4/25E or 4/33C (same cable in all models). I'll also be happy to buy complete units for spares/repair. Spare part code numbers are: 138326-001, 138409-001, 142431-001 or 138323 Please send me a PM with what you have, or...
Back