• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by eXTended8088

1. eXTended8088

Wolf3D hacked for 8086/8088 CPUs

Thank you very much for taking the time to write that. With that knowledge, these OTI-037 based cards will stay out of anything 286 or higher. Honestly, I'd be satisfied if I could run Windows 3.0 in 256 color mode on the TVGA9000 with 512K RAM at 640x480. Right now, I am stuck at 640x480...
  2. eXTended8088

Issue resolved! So, on a lark, I decided to install Wolfenstein 3D from a CD, specifically an Activision release from 2001. Using just the base files on that CD, unbelievably, both Wolf8086.exe and 8087v20.exe now run on my XT clone with no graphical errors. What is this magic? However, I did...
  3. eXTended8088

Good call. I wish I had another 8 bit capable ISA VGA card to eliminate that possibility. Thank you for your reply!
  4. eXTended8088

Good Day, Everyone! I am having some serious issues getting Wolfenstein 3D running on my Juko ST based XT clone sporting a NEC V20, Intel 8087-1, and TexElec XT-IDE (SD Card). I have tried running both the wolf8086.exe and 8087v20.exe files. I have tried multiple VGA video cards that run in an...
  5. eXTended8088

Hello from Pennsylvania.

Welcome! Waving to you from Central PA!
  6. eXTended8088

Hello from Upstate New York

Welcome Aboard! I am originally from Western New York but waving to you from Central PA for the time being.
  7. eXTended8088

Brand new NOT New Old Stock 386 based Laptop on AliExpress?

Thanks for your thoughts, everyone. I decided not to pick one up due to one of our members work being "plagiarized" for a lack of a better word. I just had another article regarding this in my feed last night, and it said the 386 model was sold out and the 8088 model still had stock as of the...
  8. eXTended8088

Brand new NOT New Old Stock 386 based Laptop on AliExpress?

Good Day All, My apologies if this has been posted elsewhere and also if this is the wrong forum for this. I ran across this article last night about a brand new 386 based "Laptop" being sold. This is NOT New Old Stock. https://www.tomshardware.com/news/hand-386-handheld They also talk about...
  9. eXTended8088

Gateway 2000 386DX system BIOS Help

Hello All, I recently aquired a Mint Gateway 2000 386 DX 33 system. NO Math Coprocessor, 4 megs of ram. The original Caviar 2120 seems to have perished, and I need a much later BIOS to use one of the many larger Hard Drives I have. According to a what I have researched, I need this particular...
  10. eXTended8088

Osborne 1 started on Fire. Barbecue time!

Hi All :) Just today, an acquaintance gave me an Osborne 1 missing it's CRT that he recently acquired but did not test. I wanted to see if it would power up and when I plugged it in and turned it on, It made a small beep sound, but nothing else happened. No drive lights no fan spinning, no...
  11. eXTended8088

Gridcase 1520 dissasembly guide.

Can anyone point me to one out there on the net? Better yet, If anyone has one I'd be very grateful! I don't want to go poking at this thing without some guidance. Thanks!
  12. eXTended8088

ISA Network Card- No model number or make, Winbond W89C905F Chip

Hi all, Has anyone used or seen one of these generic ISA NIC cards before? I cannot find a make or model anywhere on the card. All I can find is Winbond W89C905F which is printed on the largest of the chips on the card. I found this card inside a defective IBM XT that I made whole, and the card...
  13. eXTended8088

Eagle Systems-Novell NE2000T Plus in a IBM XT with mTCP

Hi all, Has anyone run one of these Eagle Systems-Novell NE2000T Plus in a XT or 8088/86 based system before? It's a 16 bit ISA card, but I read many of the NE2000 based cards work in a 8 bit slot and function as a NE1000. If I run PcPro for Dos, it DOES show a card being recognized. It...
  14. eXTended8088

AST Six Pack Plus in a IBM XT- Need some help here!

Hi All :) I recently acquired a Nice IBM XT. When I got it, It was dead, no POST. In doing some research, I found out the first bank of memory had defects by swapping out the second bank for the first. http://www.minuszerodegrees.net/failure.htm Long story short. I moved things around and...
Back