• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by jltursan

1. J

Searching for NEC PC-8001A software & hardware

Yep, it really needs a mkII, I only known of a "Mario Bros" for the plain PC-8001; but not the "Special" release...
  2. J

VTech laser Turbo XT 8086

I think that a 28C64 could be a better replacement for the old 2764. Probably easier to find and being electrically erasable, easier to program with a common EPROM programmer like the new XGECU T48, this one is my recommendation, the successor of the well-known TL866II Plus.
  3. J

Commodore VIC-20 color going in and out

Reflow C3 soldering just in case; if nothing changes, replace it, seems to be a bit flaky.
  4. J

Dragon 32 weird screen.

I've found quite some Dragon machines with busted 6809 CPUs; but usually more "at" chars appears on screen. Also, there's a 10K variable resistor with vertical mount that also gets some strange debris, like crystal and causes screen havoc similar to the one you posted. The resistor is located...
  5. J

Greetings from Barcelona (Catalonia)

Welcome!, nice to see you here :)
  6. J

Found a TI99/4 original non A variant

For $80 it's a bargain indeed! And yes, it's more collectable than practical if you already have 4A machine. The built-in VDP was the first of the series and more limited than the common TMS9918A.
  7. J

Found a TI99/4 original non A variant

Congrats!, they're pretty rare (at least compared to its big A brother). Nice find if the price was right (y)
  8. J

Finally managed to get another of the first computer I ever owned... JR-100U... Waited 20 years to find one.

Gaming Alexandria has recently added a new Type-in entry for the JR-100: Grade Average Bar Graph I'm eager to see that tapes preserved!
  9. J

Mattel Aquarius Psu

Btw, here's the Aquarius power inputs schematic:
  10. J

Mattel Aquarius Psu

Check comment of the above video
  11. J

Mattel Aquarius Psu

As per the info found in this page, the PSU just provides the unregulated voltages for the +12V, +5V and -12V needed internally. Here someone is replacing its PSU with a new one: I think you can buy the above here (I'm not related to this seller ;)) ...but I'm sure you can mod it to have an...
  12. J

Exidy Sorcerer Floppy Disk Controller (Dreamdisk) Replica PCB

Great, that's cool!. The WD2793 need some calibration before using it, right?
  13. J

Working on a couple of SMC-70s

Nice machine, isn't it? ;). Well, maybe a bit bulky if you have some expansions connected...
  14. J

Working on a couple of SMC-70s

Not too much; but here you've a sheet with a lot of hardware info.
  15. J

Sharm MZ-80B cassettes - games?

Nice machine!. Does you barebones (=no extra graphics cards) MZ-80B works 100%?, just my two cents...
Back