• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by monahan_z

1. M

Introducing a New Z180 CPU Single Board Computer for beginners access to the S100 bus

After quite some discussions within the S100Computers Google Group a number of us have come up with an “easy entry” “build it yourself” board that will allow a novice electronic expert to build a CPU driven S100 board that would work by itself in the S100 bus. Indeed, initially no bus is...
  2. M

Unpopulated S100 stuff at Anchor Electronics

If you live in the SF Bay Area I highly recommend Anchor as a place to find parts. They have everything! They also ship stuff. John Monahan
  3. M

An S100 Bus Raspberry Pi Zero Board

I am delighted to announce the availability for a bare board Raspberry Pi Zero CPU S100 board. It is described in detail here:- http://s100computers.com/My System Pages/Raspberry Pi CPU Board/Raspberry Pi CPU Board.htm Unlike some of our recent boards this one is relatively simple board to...
  4. M

A New S100 Bus Disk Controller Board

This Board took well over a year to build! It went through 10 prototypes (so far), and is now split into 3 separate S100 boards of increasing complexity. The overall concept was to design an S100 bus Disk Controller board that could handle any IDE Disk Drive, any SD or CF card and any Soft...
  5. M

A new version of the S100Computers Serial IO Board

Back towards the end of 2020 Damian Wildie in Australia showed us that you could very nicely run Cromemco's Cromix-Plus with the S100Computers 68030 CPU board in the S100 bus. He provided details that should allow users to do the same. He ran into one problem however, the S100Computers Serial IO...
  6. M

A New FPGA 80286 S100 bus Single Board Computer.

I am delighted to announce an S100 Bus FPGA 80286 Single Board Computer. I have to say this board turned out to be far more difficult to make than I expected. It took some 6 prototypes and 3 months of work. I totally underestimated the very tight timing issues of an 80286 CPU, an 82288 Bus...
  7. M

Windows on the S100 Bus

As we start into 2019 I’m thinking what I would like to sink my teeth into as a S100 board project for this year. All the easy ones have been done! Thanks to some of our members here, and in particular Todd Goodman, one can now obtain a diverse range of new S100 boards which when mixed/added...
  8. M

A New V2 FPGA S100 Bus Board

Some of our regular members may have noticed that I have not added a new S100 board to our list in a while. This is because I have been sinking quite a bit of time into this new board which I am now announcing. It took a lot of time/effort. It is called the V2 S100 Bus FPGA Board. It is an...
  9. M

An S100 Bus FPGA Programming and Prototype Board. The first FPGA on the S100 Bus

For the past few months I have been working on a very special S100 bus board that contains an Intel/Altera Cyclone IV FPGA board with circuitry that allows it to be used to construct a wide range of S100 boards. One third of the board is available for custom circuity. These would typically...
  10. M

A New Arduino Shields based S200 bus Board

I am delighted to announce the availability of our Arduino based S100 board that allows you to program and use either Arduino “UNO” style setup or an Arduino “Mega” approach – using an Atmega 328 or Atmega 2560 CPU. Both board configurations act also as “regular” S100 bus I/O boards. There is a...
  11. M

A new Arduino 328/2560 CPU based S100 Board

I'm delighted to report here a first look at a new Arduino 328/2560 CPU based S100 bus board. This board allows you to utilize the numerous Arduino "Shields" in the S100 bus. It can be configured to run as EITHER the Arduino 328 (UNO) or the Arduino Mega 2560 (MEGA) board, (but not both). There...
  12. M

Announcing a V2 Version of the PDP11 S100 Bus CPU board and a companion Support Board

After some 6 months of work and over 20 prototype S100 boards (see picture below), I am delighted to announce the availability of our newest member to our S100 board collection. It’s a V2 PDP11 CPU S100 bus board and a companion PDP11 Support Board. The former is a major upgrade of the...
  13. M

A new S100 Bus Display Board

If you do any kind of serious work with your S-100 system being able to see at a glance the status of many S100 bus signals is very useful. A number of years ago we developed our System Monitor Board (SMB) which does this well. It's now in its third version and has settled down to be a very...
  14. M

A new 68030 S100 Bus CPU Board

I am delighted to report that our new 68030 master/Slave S100 bus CPU board is now ready for bare board orders. The board is described in detail here:- http://s100computers.com/My%20System%20Pages/68030%20Board/68030%20Board.htm Relative to a number of our other S100Computers boards I think...
  15. M

A new PDP-11 S100 bus CPU board.

After 5 months in the making, I am delighted to report another new S100 board to our collection of S100 boards. This board is called the PDP-11 CPU S100 board. It incorporates the Digital PDP-J11 chip. The PDP-11 architecture is an instruction set architecture developed by Digital Equipment...
Back