• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by spiceminer

1. S

RX01 RT-11 no disk error 17

Just swapped the two drives, It seems like the error is related to the drive mechanism. But, now when I boot from RX0 with the drives swapped, i can boot but I get a new error "reading handler"... Swapping back to initial state and the new reading handler error disappears again.
  2. S

RX01 RT-11 no disk error 17

Dear All! I would like to ask for some advice how to perform trouble shooting on my dual RX01 drives. I can boot RT-11 on my PDP11 using drive 1 but drive 0 is not working "ERR 17 no disk" I have so far cleaned the drives including heads, the voltages are ok an all connectors seem to be non...
  3. S

Alternate buffer DMA interface DRQ11 (M7549) - what is this?

Dear All! Does anybody know what thew purpose is of this module? Is it some kind of fast digital IO? There seems to be a similar module which can put 16bit date in and from memory...
  4. S

Set of DEC Micro pdp-11 diagnostic disks.

Wonderful! Thanks very much @gslick When I can manage to contribute with the missing disks I will upload them as well.
  5. S

Cable to connect a color video monitor to an VT240

Or you can invoke the color bar test as describes in the programmers manual in VT100/local mode
  6. S

Dear @cjs ! Thats right! Obviously, the monitor does not support SOG. I found a manual of a similar (but not exaclty my type) monitor stating SOG compatibility. When I just put the composite output into the ext sync input of the monitor, I get a picture! So, I just need to put some color on...
  7. S

RX50 MICRO-11 / PDP-11 Test disks

...and according to my Bill of materials, there should be a field service disk #5 and #6
  8. S

Thanks for the link - but the images are not linked
  9. S

...this is what happens when I press the H/V delay button: when using the Composite input. in RGB mode the picture tube remains dark, independent from all switch settings
  10. S

@cjs Thanks very much for your kind support, which is highly appreciated I get a picture using the Sync+Green output of the VT connector to the composite video input of the PVM. As already stated, the composite output from the VT is as well working when connected to the composite video...
  11. S

Dear all! Is there a place where I can find disk images of these test disks? I have only disk #1, I am pretty sure there are more out there Thanks and best regards Stephan
  12. S

Starting a DEC PDP 11/23 from RX50 Floppy

Its working! DU0 does the trick. Thanks a lot for your help!
  13. S

When I connect the BAS output (BNC connector) from the VT240 to the Green input BNC connector of the video monitor, I should get an image, right? This is not the case for my setup. Maybe the monitor is not working correctly...
  14. S

Thanks a lot! The ROM Revision 0.9 does not look like being the latest one, could this be the case?
  15. S

Dear all! A µPDP-11/23+ with RQDX1 controller reports at startup: In the list of bootable devices, I cannot see the RX50. Is there any possibility to boot from floppy disk or do I have a wrong boot ROM? Regards Stephan
Back