• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Tom_of_Åland

1. Tom_of_Åland

Replacement cooling fans for Toshiba T3200

Yes they look good. But the shipping cost is a killer, I also have a 24% vat when items arrive and I have to do customs clearance, so total for 3 tiny fans would be approximately 3.60+20 = 23.60 x3 = 70 + 24% = 86 Euro.
  2. Tom_of_Åland

Replacement cooling fans for Toshiba T3200

Hi all, I have two working T3200 and one parts machine, and I'd like to get the working ones a bit less noisy. So I wanted to replace the 3 fans it has inside. But I'm struggling to find anything that fits, so wanted to ask if anybody has done the same swap? Original fans are branded "Wind...
  3. Tom_of_Åland

Toshiba T3200 - Long beep, black screen, no boot.

Sorry, no floppy drives to spare 🙏
  4. Tom_of_Åland

Thank you for the input, much appreciated. I have since used this T3200 as a parts machine for two other T3200, that now both still run on their original HDD. So if anyone need some parts, let me know, I might have it.
  5. Tom_of_Åland

Anybody have info about the Canon VP1000 (a.k.a. "VP-1000")?

Hi guys, did any of you get the VP1000 to work? What can it do? I'm looking at one for sale for 30€, but it has no floppy on the front.
  6. Tom_of_Åland

Ok, so here's how mine is acting now on bootup. New BIOS battery installed. Should I try installing a new chip with "new" BIOS, or is my RAM memory fried? 🤔 Really would appreciate any leads on what to do next...
  7. Tom_of_Åland

I am having the exact same issue as you have, but my screen doesn't even flicker when turning on. A week ago I replaced the gas plasma screen, and computer was booting up to some memory error. At that time I had the old flat CMOS battery in the laptop, but now I have replaced it for a new...
  8. Tom_of_Åland

Toshiba T3200 startup issue

Wow, Thank you very much for that in-depth analysis. I'll be back here as soon as the new 3.6V battery is in.
  9. Tom_of_Åland

Toshiba T3200 startup issue

Hi all, So I decided to get started on my T3200, have not touched it since getting delivery. I took it apart for an internal cleaning. Still waiting for a new 3.6V lithium battery. So, when I start the machine, there is a memory test going to 600-something Kb. Some beeps. Next is this message...
  10. Tom_of_Åland

Using a mouse on a Toshiba T3200SX

If this thread is considered "dead", my answer might be deleted.... Just wanted to mention that there are other ways to get other/bigger/CF/SSD to work in the T3200 / T3200SX. https://medium.com/geekculture/the-luggable-laptop-how-does-it-look-today-part-ii-toshiba-t3200-from-1989-6d15ce56eadd
  11. Tom_of_Åland

Recapping a Toshiba T3200, what caps?

Okay, I just thought that caps go bad with time. I had a dead T1000LE, made a full recap of about 15 small caps and it now works again.
  12. Tom_of_Åland

Recapping a Toshiba T3200, what caps?

Hi, Has anybody done a full recap on the T3200, and if so would you happen to have the details on what caps? It would be so handy to order the caps in advance. Thanks a lot!! Tom
  13. Tom_of_Åland

Toshiba T1000LE not booting up

Ok thanks, that's what I meant but my English is not so good... I was just thinking if there was a need to add some component to the battery circuit.
  14. Tom_of_Åland

Toshiba T1000LE not booting up

Hello and thank you for the help! The battery, is it a direct swap? I think I'll order the same. Oh I know Allegro, I'm there lurking often for vintage equipment :) I suppose I have a gum like belt as well, so if the belt works, please if you can share the details on it later...🙏
  15. Tom_of_Åland

Northern Europe WTB any ISA card for Toshiba T3200

I'm looking for any suitable, working 8 or 16bit ISA card for my 1989 Toshiba T3200. Graphics, sound, networking or anything else "cool". TIA!
Back