• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. doshea

Twinax balun, etc. questions

I've got one of these 5250-to-USB converters, some clone 5250 adapters and a compatible terminal. I've got twinax pigtails and cables which work, but also have some RJ-45 baluns and I was wondering if I could use a pair of baluns and an RJ-45 cable between them instead of a twinax cable like...
  2. doshea

Can't share an IRQ in DOS with a device I'm not even using?

Apologies if this has been asked many times before, but: I've read lots of things saying that IRQs can't be shared, and I understand why that could be the case if I had two devices triggering the same IRQ line and two drivers I wanted to process those interrupts but the hardware and software...
  3. doshea

Support for terminals with magic cookie glitch

Can anyone suggest software - and maybe particular older versions of software, or just older Linux distributions or even other OSes - that work with terminals that "use magic cookies" or "have the magic cookie glitch" (I'm not sure which is the correct terminology), and perhaps popular terminals...
  4. doshea

LC PDS card seems insecure

I recently installed a 10BASE2 LC PDS card. I've never had an expansion card in a Mac before, and I was surprised that there doesn't seem to be anything other than connector friction to hold it in place. Am I correct in thinking that I'd better be careful when shifting this machine around...
  5. doshea

What are the "Groups" in the list of forums?

What are the "Groups" that appear in the list of forums? Apologies if this is explained somewhere, but I spent some time searching and found no clues. They seem to contain posts from both before and after the migration to XenForo, but when I took a look at the site on the Wayback Machine...
  6. doshea

Hello after 14 years

Hi! I like playing with old software from the DOS - Windows 9x era, and sometimes old hardware too. I've been accumulating compilers and other development tools and books since I was a kid in the early 1990s. Back then they were mostly too advanced for me - or at least for my attention span -...
Back