• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. V

AIM-65 up and running, YEAH!

Today I decided to pull out my AIM-65 I had acquired a while back and take a look at it. It was DOA with nothing coming up on the display. The manual states only 5V 2A regulated supply is needed to get basic operation of the unit going without the printer. So, I double checked my power supply...
  2. V

Guess my next project

I'm working on a new replica project and just got it up and running. I have the design about 90% done but my wire-wrap prototype is up! I just have to finish the keyboard and serial port but that should be pretty easy.
  3. V

Atari 400 computer, carts and joysticks

I haven't pulled this out of my closet yet but it is taking up space. I don't plan to run it again so I'm considering letting it go. I have to see if there is any interest in this before I remove it and photo it up. I'm in Southern California area but willing to ship. Contact me at...
  4. V

Announcing the reboot of IMSAI and the IMSAI series 2 systems

I've been using this site for years, and personally knowing Erik makes this the ideal place do drop this bomb. This has been in the works for a while and Todd and I have a tentative agreement where I'm going to purchase IMSAI IP and remaining inventory including the prototype's and info for the...
  5. V

We need a west coast show!

Going to the VCF at the Computer History Museum in California was a really fun and large event. There has not been a VCF West for a few years and we really need one. Anybody else agree? What can we do? Vince
  6. V

Need 400K Mac boot floppy

I have a Mac I need to make sure still bootss. I used to be able to make 400K floppies but I no longer have a Mac SE and I really need a 400K boot floppy. If somebody can make me a disk I can paypal you for the disk and shipping. Vince
  7. V

SOL-20 Osborne 1 and other items I am auctioning off

Well, I must reduce my collection. I have some items on ebay. SOL-20 http://www.ebay.com/itm/320850082467?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 My Osborne 1 http://www.ebay.com/itm/320850086730?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 and My Commodore 64 C64 in a...
  8. V

Selling my SWTPC 6800 system

I've decided I have to clean house on a few of my prized collectables. Some have been fully restored, others have not. The swtpc 6800 I have not had time to test or restore, so it is a good deal for somebody. This is a no reserve auction. Come and get it...
  9. V

Apple II MP3 player card almost ready

This is a project that I had to shelf due to other projects, but it is now almost ready. The card will work on most standard II's IIplus, IIe and IIgs models but there is more testing to be done. The simple BASIC program I wrote for the card will allow you to play MP3's from the root directory...
  10. V

Anybody designed a RAM card serial card combo?

I recently received a rev 0 Altair 8800 and it only has 2 slots so I was thinking of replacing the 1K RAM card with a combo 32K RAM and SIO. Has anybody done this yet? If not, I just make myself one. Vince
  11. V

Altair 8800 Micro prototype

Ok, I've been working on a new project, a clone of the Altair 8800. Since Grant has already done an exact replica, I thought I would do something different. I pulled out my shrink ray gun and made a reduced size replica I call the Altair 8800 micro (catchy huh?) It is 10X3 by 9" deep and fits in...
  12. V

8080 instruction flag question

Ok, I'm writing an emulator for a microcontroller and I'm stuck on SBB commands. If A=0 and B=1 and Carry flag is set. If I do a SBB B the result in a is FE which is correct. The problem is, the half carry flag is setting. Is this correct? Reading the Intel manual it looks like this is...
  13. V

Welcome to Macintosh will air on CNBC Monday

Monday the 4th at 9pm eastern, 6pm central. More info here: http://www.cnbc.com/id/34465282 or here: http://www.welcometomacintosh.com/Welcome.html Enjoy! Vince
  14. V

NYC Resistor hosting workshop November 14th

NYC Resistor club has invited me to host a workshop at their facility on November 14th. We will be building any of the three kits: PockeTerm, replica 1, and Micro-KIM kits there. If you have missed out on the workshops in the past, now is your chance. There is a limited number of spaces...
  15. V

Mark-8 Board Scans

For anybody that might want these, here is a scan of all of my Mark-8 boards as they are blank before I build mine. The file is 3.08M in size. http://www.brielcomputers.com/wik/images/d/d7/Mark8.zip Enjoy, Vince
  16. V

Vintage-Computer auction SCORE!

I just received my Ohio Scientific Challenger 2P and it powers up. Can't get past the memory select but I think it is loose RAM, or something in that area. For those debating on the vintage-computer forum, you best start using it. I just scored a serious collectors item for only $85. I stopped...
  17. V

Just aquired Xerox 820

Well, I have been given a working Xerox 820 today complete with software disks and the original boxes! What a beast, I love it. I have the Ferguson bigboard that the Xerox 820 is mostly based on but this is a huge full system. I have it packed for right now but I'll try and get some pics up...
  18. V

Looking for a few rare chips

Intel 8008 8263 multiplexer by Signetics (need 2) 8267 multiplexer by Signetics (need 2) If you any of these or know where to get them, let me know. I'm going to put my Mark-8 kit from ebay together this summer if I can get all the parts. Vince
  19. V

Single Board Terminal project

I'm just finishing up a project I've had on/off the shelf for over a year now. It is a single board terminal that accepts a VGA monitor, PS/2 keyboard and connects to your Host computer such as a CP/M box or S100 machine that requires a terminal. Has basic VT100 cursor commands and screen...
  20. V

Need 5 1/4" drive

Anybody have a 1.2M drive laying around that lives in the US? Let me know, I'm working on a project that uses one, don't have more laying around I guess. Vince
Back