• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. F

In search of RK05 rack caddy

Now that my 11/45 is up and running, I could really make good use of an RK05 rack storage caddy, as seen in the attached pic on a PDP-8. Does anybody have one of these they'd be willing to sell, or at least know the DEC part number so I could look for drawings? There seem to have been two...
  2. F

PDP-11/34 or /04 front panel knob?

Hi, I'm working on a PDP-11/34 right now, with the KY11-LB programmer's interface, and it is missing its front panel power control knob. It looks to me like the same one is used on the 11/04? Anybody happen to have a spare, or a 3d model, or willing to take some measurements? Does the stock...
  3. F

11/45 RSTS boot problem

Hi all, Some here may know I’ve been working on an 11/45 restoration off and on for some time now. My ’45 currently has floating point, KT11-C mem mgmt, 124 kword MS11-L, and an RK11-C with one restored RK05 drive. Last week I decided to see if I could bring up RSTS on the machine. I...
  4. F

In search of DZ11 cabling / panel

Hi all: I'm in need of cabling and a distribution panel for a DZ11 I'd like to put in my PDP-11/45. Before I embark on building something up from scratch, I thought I'd ping here and on cctalk to see if anybody has all or part of this on hand and would be willing to work out a deal. PM me if...
  5. F

RK11-C / RK05 restore

Hi folks! Kicking off a thread here because I'm just starting to dive in on the storage subsystem of my PDP-11/45: and RK11-C + 2x RK05, and I'll be wanting to take advantage of the collected wisdom and good advice here. There's been a fair amount of talk on RK05s here and on the cctalk, and...
  6. F

PDP-11: BC11-A cable dress between cabinets

Hey folks, I've gotten to the part of a PDP-11/45 restore I’ve been working on where I need to run a Unibus cable between the CPU box in one rack and an RK11-C controller at the top of the next rack over. I'm a bit puzzled about how best to run the bus cable to keep it out of harm's way, e.g...
  7. F

Wtb: M105 + m7821

Hi folks: I've been thinking about trying some interfacing/emulation projects in the new year. I'd like to track down an M105 address selector and an M7821 (or M7820) interrupt control to keep things simple to start with. Anybody have surplus of these they'd be willing to sell/trade? Thanks...
  8. F

Looking for engineering drawings for 860 power controller?

Hi folks, I'm looking for engineering drawings for the 860 series power controllers, the ones that were found in the tops of H960 racks. I'm coming up empty over at bitsavers. Anybody know if these are tucked in with some other engineering drawing set? There are partial schematics to be...
  9. F

FTGH: M7237 11/40 stack limit register

Hey folks, Going through one of my boxes today, I found a spare M7237. Since I have only an 11/45, this is of no use to me, though somebody with an 11/40 who is missing one would probably appreciate it. I'm happy to to pop this in the mails to anybody who needs one. cheers, --FritzM.
  10. F

FP11-B: what is signal FICC EXT ADD L?

Hi folks, I've been working through an FP11-B debug for my 11/45. I've got it narrowed down now to an issue with the low-bit carry logic during the subtraction phases of multiplication. This logic is documented on sheet FRMH of the FP11-B engineering drawings as seen here: I'm curious as...
  11. F

VT52 key repair advice?

So, the ESC key on my VT52 seems not to be functioning (no key click or character sent, depressing with a little extra pressure and/or wiggling the key while depressed doesn't seem to help). Any advice on repairing/replacing these keys before I jump in this weekend? Can the keycap be removed...
  12. F

Info on MDB Line Printer Controller 40940?

I have a line printer controller card from MDB systems, #40940 (pic below). Does anybody have docs or recall anything about this card? If I recall, this came into my collection along with an LA30p some time ago, so I'm assuming its a parallel i/o interface. I'm also assuming it will mimic one...
Back