• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. C

Some information on the MCS-Alpha1?

I was given a MCS alpha a few months ago Until recent I didn't have time to restore it to working order. Can someone give me an Idea of what to do with it because it's capabilities are very limited, for my experience.(never did 6502 assembler) Friendly regards Cryptical
  2. C

Reinstalling an A3000

I have a A3000D 25MHz and i would like to install the following operating systems on it. -AMIX - with Picasso II support -AOS 2 -AOS 3.1 I have kickstart ROMs 1.4 installed and thus would need to use superROM images. Could someone talk me through the process in detail like Partitioning...
  3. C

Protoboard computer

I have some spare parts and i want to build a 8 bit computer out of it. P8080A, Z80A or 6502 18*2KiB SRAM, 9*256Kib or 4*2Mib nybble 8255 to extend the 16bit address to 24bit tops, i think i should round it out at 4MiB which is 22bits which makes windows of 16KiB. this would then run in mode 1...
  4. C

looking for JEDEC on SIMM72

As the title states. What i need specific is number of banks, Address lines connected and RAS lines connected per memory size.
  5. C

Needing help with Novell Netware 3.12

Like the topic states i need some help with some novell software. Specifically where to start.
  6. C

A3000 FastMem expansion ideas

I am contemplating some memory expansion for the amiga 3000. Why not use a Zorro RAM card? They are easy to get. However they need a high revision Buster. What about Using a CPU upgrade? Not all of them expand memory, and those who do are in high demand, and do not always play nice with lower...
  7. C

Requiring some Network help

Hello Folks I am back again. I have a question pertaining to the later DOS versions, my trust AMD 386. And how to Connect to a switch using the 3com Etherlink III ISA card. And Bridging that connection by a null modem cable to my amiga. What I want to achive by doing this is transfering files...
  8. C

ATrend computers

As i have told a (very) few people my previous employer has passed away last september. He worked for ATC back in the late 90's, as a PCB designer. The rose design on the motherboard boxes was made by his wife. And due to that I inherented some of his equipment Including some interesting PCI and...
  9. C

ISA POST status reader and IRQ tester

Is there a need for a kit of this, or interest? I rate this as something simple I have the schematics for this practically done.
  10. C

Pcl-755a

Does anyone have any information on this card?(Besides it being a Advantech Product)
  11. C

M68K Assembly, Some assembly required!

On this other forum where I am at there is a guy thinking of designing his own twist/extension on the 68K ISA. If some of your are willing and able could someone please proof read this? http://www.heywheel.com/matthey/Amiga/68kF_PRM.pdf Something bugs me but i can not lay my finger on it.
  12. C

Wanted: 66MHz Crystal, Dip 14 housing.

This is the last part i need to overclock my Amiga 3000 I have replaced both CPU and FPU with the 33MHz version. I am also interested in a 33MHz crystal same housing but this has a lot less priority.
  13. C

Wishlist XT Peripherals

XT-IDE done XT-FDC In progress This thread is to act as a poll and see where the next project should focus. Remember It's a democratic system most wanted gets highest priority.(This would be tallied when the next project starts) Most builders do this in their spare time and at there own cost...
  14. C

Hobby computer

I am contemplating building a hobby computer from spare parts i have lingering around. So for a start 68K, 6502, Z80A, 8088. I think i would use either a 68K or Z80 processor as main CPU since i have most of those CPU's Which would be better as a main CPU?
  15. C

What to look at before buying a used Amiga

Most common Amiga is the A500 this can be easiest found on the web. Their power supply is a simple brick format this is what cost most in logistics.(Especially the older one's) Second most common, hm I suppose that is a close call between a A2000 and A3000 although the A1200 is very common item...
  16. C

Yet Another Music Player

I friend of mine was so kind to donate some source code he made in the day for a Adlib tracker it is all in pascal and well I never worked with that programming language before. I am gonna port his tracker to C for Starters and perhaps add a MIDI file support to it. Which features make or...
  17. C

ATX PSU's

Okay the white cord is minus 5 Volt but why is this voltage required for? I am aware that older CPU needed this voltage but this is a archaic practice. even back in the early 90's More modern ATX PSU have dropt this but the older one's have this 'feature' still.
  18. C

Power terms

I have here a Hercules Terminator Beast AGP video card do i need to say more? Does anyone else found something with a similar interesting name?
  19. C

What was that name again?

I am terrible with names, Although i have a good memory. I am looking for the Name of a DOS program that was sorta a GUI which allowed sorting files, had an editor and a calculator which had Hex decimal Octal and Binary conversion build in. It only had Monotone EGA and CGA screen support...
  20. C

Floppy Disk Drives Interfacing

I am just wondering which is the most prevailing interface for a FDD? I am doing this from memory so don't gun me down for a typo. ;) Uneven numbered pins all are ground this is what is common on most standards.(yay signal grounds) And all signals are inverted to Negative logic. Modern...
Back