• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. T

Can't get ADTPro Serial to Work

So, the serial setup I have here is a Prolific-based USB serial adapter and a Belkin 9-pin cable that I'm sure is straight-through. This USB serial adapter works perfectly with Amiga Explorer, so I'd hope it would work with Apple II ADTPro as well. On the ADTPro website, it says to switch the...
  2. T

Berzap! (Apple II Game) Keyboard Shoot Key?

I'm trying to play an Apple II game called Berzap! from 1984/85. It seems like a pretty good Berzerk clone, but I don't own an Apple II joystick. It has a keyboard option, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to shoot. The game gives you next to no time to figure out what keys do...
  3. T

Apple IIe won't format any disk

Another thing. The computer came with this 80Col/64KB expansion card by Jameco Electronics. This would be really cool if it works because I assume It'd let me play Prince of Persia, but I have a question about it. Are these blue things on it tantalum capacitors? If so, I'm a bit nervous to...
  4. T

Apple IIe won't format any disk

I actually just came across an Apple IIe and Disk II drive. I turn it on, and the machine itself seems to work just fine. I can load games from the Apple II Game Server website with no issues. The problem is with the disk drive. I have a few Apple II games and some software, and they all...
  5. T

How to remove the keyboard of a Toshiba Tecra 550CDT laptop?

I'm looking at it again, and assuming the backside is the side pointing towards the speakers, it seems too think to slide a card underneath it. I'm at a loss.
  6. T

DIP Switch Settings for Sanyo SPC-410F CGA card?

Yeah, the card has pretty much no controls on it at all (other than the switches). I'm testing it in a 286 PC, and I don't own an RGBI monitor. I'll try TVCGAFIX soon. By the way, on bootup I get an error message among the lines of "video switch settings incorrect" or something like that...
  7. T

DIP Switch Settings for Sanyo SPC-410F CGA card?

Hi, I recently got a Sanyo SPC-410F CGA card. It seems to work fine, but I can only get the video to output in monochrome over composite, and I can't find the DIP switch settings anywhere online. I can't find anything about this card online in general. I would appreciate help with this...
  8. T

How to remove the keyboard of a Toshiba Tecra 550CDT laptop?

So, my Toshiba Tecra 550CDT laptop from around 1998 works pretty well except for the keyboard having issues. I think around half of the keys, including backspace, don't work. However, there's an odd workaround where if you hold down a key that does work (like shift), the non-working keys will...
  9. T

Can anybody reputable repair an NEC CDR-206(PI) 2x CD-ROM drive for me?

Hi, I have an NEC CDR-206(PI) 2x CD-ROM drive that comes from a PC-9821 Cs2 computer. It worked very well for over a year until now where it just suddenly, for seemingly no reason, started making an awful grinding noise when opening and closing the disc tray. It still read discs fine, but it was...
  10. T

Windows 98 SE lags on Averatec 5100 Laptop

Strangely, the warning on Primary IDE controller is gone and now it says it's working properly. I also enabled DMA on the HDD and both controllers at once and it's not lagging nearly as much, but it's still not perfect with some sounds getting cut off and occasional lag occurring. I have three...
  11. T

I do have the chipset drivers installed. I did notice this under Device Manager...
  12. T

Not sure how "vintage" this is to you guys, but this is probably the best place to ask about this. So, basically, I installed Windows 98 SE on my Averatec 5100 from 2003 along with the video, sound, and chipset drivers (idc about the internet.) The issue is that quite often the performance of...
  13. T

Averatec 5100 Laptop Drivers... Anywhere?!?

I'm trying to find all of the drivers for this laptop and absolutely every link I find is either dead, asks me to download a PUP P.O.S program, or sign up with a paid subscription. I'm beyond frustrated at this point, so would any of you know where I can get these drivers? The closest I could...
  14. T

Replacement Internal VGA/SVGA cable for NEC MultiSync XV14 CRT Monitor

Hello. I have an NEC MultiSync XV14 CRT monitor that I need to replace the internal VGA cable for. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement for this type of cable? Any help with this would be very much appreciated. Thanks.
  15. T

Windows sound not working on NEC Ready 7022

Well, I finally got the hard drive working in this machine. It turns out that if I put a Windows 2000 CD in on startup, that will activate the EZ-Drive DDO. I have no clue why this is, but whatever, it works. Anyways, I posted this on Vogons as well, but I want to post it here, too, just in...
  16. T

NEC Ready 7022 Pentium 100mhz Hard Drive issues.

Here's my BIOS. I can't find any updates that I can just get without having to download crappy adware. Have any of you had better luck? Also, I tried messing with those settings and it still didn't work. It sucks that this is so complicated, especially because this is the original hard drive...
  17. T

Yep. CY is in the place where NC is supposed to be. What can I do at this point? I really appreciate your help so far, by the way.
  18. T

These are my results. Something doesn't seem right at all. Typing g=100 hangs the machine. I even tried out an 8GB Western Digital IDE Hard Drive. I'm also pretty sure it's the master drive... I really hope it's not something extremely complicated with the motherboard. I don't know if...
  19. T

Hello. I made a post about this issue here a long time ago, but it didn't really go anywhere. I want to see if it may go better this time. Anyways, I have an NEC Ready 7022 Pentium 100mhz PC from late 1995. The hard drive in it is a Quantum Fireball, and no matter what I do, whenever I try...
Back