• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. Z

386 PC Suggestions

Greetings All, I recently found a 386 Baby AT board and thought it would be fun to build a PC around it as I didn't experience 386 DOS days as I was an Amiga user until a 486 in 1994. So I am looking for comments and suggestions and help along the way to make this thing work. The motherboard...
  2. Z

Gateway 2000 Documentation Needed

If you have any Gateway manuals, guides, or other documentation can you scan them? If you can't and you have them available I will offer to do it and post them online. As I mentioned on another thread, Gateway was very good at producing first class documentation. Sadly I can find none of it...
  3. Z

Gateway 2000 Crystal Scan 1572DG Monitor restoration. Gateway manuals

Hi All. I recently found a Gateway 2000 CrystalScan monitor to put with my Gateway 4DX2-66. This was the same model monitor I got with my original Gateway 4SX-25 back in 1994. I always liked the picture quality of this monitor. Coming from a 1084 monitor with an Amiga I remember loving how...
  4. Z

Tandy 1000 TL/2 video trouble-shooting

Hello Tandy folks, I recently acquired a very clean Tandy 1000 TL/2 and am running into some issues. The computer seems to boot fine but the picture is garbled. I thought I had the screenshots on my phone but I will post them later. I am hooking it up to my Amiga's 1084-D monitor and have...
  5. Z

Wanted: Commodore 1581 User Guide, English

Hi All, I am looking for an original user guide/manual for the Commodore 1581 if you have an extra (US source preferred, English) please let me know. I still have my 1581, including the box and everything that came with it from back when I bought it new at Toys R Us. The problem is I loaned...
  6. Z

A2091 SCSI Controller Manual

Hi All, Anyone have a PDF of the Commodore A2091 manual? There is a link ( A2091 User Manual ) to one on SACC.org but it is dead. Thanks!
  7. Z

Dell inspiron 7000 Laptop, P2-333, 64MB, NoHD, FREE for Pickup, SF BAY Area

Hi All, I am getting rid of stuff and this is a very good condition Inspiron Laptop. It is a big thick Pentium II - 333 Mhz with 64MB RAM and no hd. Includes 2 batteries that both work great and hold a charge for quite a while. It also has the Floppy/CD-ROM module which can be replaced with...
  8. Z

How do you setup and have room for all your Classic Computers?

Hi All, Since unloading my storage a few years ago (2014) that had all my Commodore, Amiga and older Mac stuff in it I have run into a bit of a problem. I don't have enough space for all this stuff. And I am having a hard time figuring out how I can have several computers hooked up and usable...
  9. Z

Soyo 5TA2 Socket 7 motherboard advice

Hi, I found this motherboard at a local thrift store for $3. I have no idea if it works yet because I haven't had a chance to throw some RAM in it and a video card and hook it up. It seems to have a Pentium 90 CPU installed with no heatsink which makes me a little leery about heat. I have a...
  10. Z

G3 won't boot at power on until reset

I have a beige G3 tower (newer revision) that I recently repartitioned the HD to make sure the system software was located on the first 8GB and now it is doing something peculiar. When I turn it on with either the adb keyboard or the power button it does not boot at first. It makes the chime...
  11. Z

Later U320 SCSI SCA 80 pin Drives and Adapters Use

Hi All, Recently I have been experimenting with SCSI 10k drives as replacements for older dead original Mac SCSI drives with some of my older Power Macintosh systems (7500, 8100, etc...) I know this is nothing new but information that I have found on other forums is somewhat spread out and not...
  12. Z

Power Macintosh G3 Beige Tower Battery Blow up solution

Hi, I recently picked up a Tower G3 beige that was classified as working and no problems. It works, except the drive is dead and the battery was corroded and it looks like it corroded part of the case frame in a 3 inch diameter with some nasty rust. Very irritating. The battery holder...
  13. Z

Gateway 2000 4DX2-66 Mini Desktop CMOS battery/manual

Hello, After spending the past 2 days scouring everything I could on here and the internet looking for information on CMOS battery for this model I thought I would post in case someone here knows the answer. I have a Gateway 4DX2-66 mini desktop. I have attached Pics so you can see the...
Back