• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. G

uninstaller which repackages installed software for backups?

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I found the Wise Package Studio, but like Timo mentioned it requires the original install. I was just curious as I have some older machines with OEM software like an ACER control panel which I haven't found online, and as I don't have the original disks figured it...
  2. G

Early Computers and Electronic Music?

There were a lot of articles in Byte in the 70s and they were actually compiled into a book titled "The Byte book of Computer Music". There are also earlier examples but I cannot name any offhand.
  3. G

uninstaller which repackages installed software for backups?

Looking for something which can be run on Win95 that can repackage software which is currectly installed. For example, it would copy all necessary files into an archive. Sort of like a 3rd party uninstaller except it saves the files (and maybe registry keys as well?) I recall seeing something...
  4. G

WTB/Trade: HP Vectra 286. Trade complete IBM PS/1 2011-C34

Looking for a Hewlett Packard Vectra 286 with HP-HIL connector (RJ45/8P8C style jack). For trade I have a complete PS/1 2011-C34 which has a 2MB RAM module, 20MB HD and color monitor, original keyboard & mouse, all stock. Will include a homemade Covox clone and Disney Sound Source if the deal...
  5. G

WTD: Covox Speech Thing (PC) / other Parallel DACs

Can someone end my everlasting quest? :D Interested in Covox, commercial/homebrew variants and similar devices (no Sound Source, please). Cash or trade, PM for list. Thanks
  6. G

Free in Boston area: Compaq Portable 386/20 Model 2670 - Needs a little TLC

Another trash rescue, you get priority before posting to CraigsList! Prefer not to ship if possible but just maybe... Power supply hesitates / intermittently restarts each 1-2 seconds. Bad caps? Keyboard cable is frayed on each end, simple fix. Pics: http://imgur.com/a/4rIu8 I have not...
  7. G

For free / outside of Boston area - (2) Sony SMC-70 computers

Rescued from trash, both look & sound to be working but no way to test video. One is missing the left shift key. These are not the genlocker versions. Rumoured to be the first computer with a 3.5" floppy drive. Specs: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_SMC-70 More pics upon request. They...
  8. G

Seeking a Dallas DS1285 RTC

Used or not. Anybody have a spare kicking around?
  9. G

Free stuff, Boston suburbs. I need it gone by the weekend or it's going to the thrift

Various systems. I need them gone, gone, gone!!!! Before you get disappointed, sorry --- I cannot ship these. You can take one or you can take them all. You can use them or sell them or throw them off a building, doesn't matter much as long as they disappear! Off the top of my head. Nothing is...
  10. G

MOD Trackers or other useful music software that'll run on 286/10?

Doesn't necessarily need to be sample based or anything elaborate, even a couple of channels is great. The only tracker I located needs 286/12. It would be even more amazing if it supports Speech Thing :D Any other suggestions for some decent music composition software is welcomed!
  11. G

Free in Boston / MetroWest area - Macintosh equipment

I have no more room so I'll be weeding out some stuff. Here are some of the freebies. Ask for specs if genuinely interested cos it's a mild pain to drag it out and fire it up but I will be glad to if you actually want it. Everything is free if you can pick it up, cannot ship or deliver. If not...
  12. G

Apple seems to have removed older System 7 downloads. Where can they be found?

Perhaps old news but I went to find the System 7.5.3 download or similar for my Quadra and alas... the links are dead. They have also done away with their FTP server entirely! Where do you recommend downloading an older System install from?
  13. G

WTB: Hewlett Packard Vectra 286 & other HP items

Looking to purchase the following items: Hewlett Packard Vectra (original 286), may consider ES/12 or CS, etc. Hewlett Packard M1309A HP-HIL 3-Button Trackball Mouse Hewlett Packard P.A.M. software
  14. G

Found in trash: Honeywell magnetic tapes and 8 inch floppies

Who can resist a pile of trash on the side of the road with antiques? Not me. On a routine trash picking outing there was a crate of these tapes and floppies so rather than let it go to the landfill I took it to my own personal landfill (my house :D). From the looks of them, whoever threw them...
Back