• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. F

Dragon 32 weird screen.

I just tried my old Dragon 32 and... tragedy! A strange weird green screen. It changes and can have more or less chars. I have tried to look for similar issues but I have found only plain green screen. Any ideas?
  2. F

Atari SF354 with weird PSU connector.

I have found an SF354 with a weird PSU connector and I cannot find any info to make an adapter... :-( The connector is a female DIN7... do somebody has info about it? Thank you
  3. F

Robotron KC87 - The situation is weird

Hello, I have bought a Robotron KC87 assuming it was working and it is, in a weird way. When I turn it on, it shows a page full of coloured squares. After some seconds this page lifts (as expected) and I get a red page with a cursor. If I type BASIC it switches to the blue page. It is a...
  4. F

Sinclair QL with SPEM Floppy Disk sistem 1.16 (sistem with the "i" and not the "y")

Dear Group, I have been given a system like the subject. Everything has been ok for some minutes... I have been able to read a dir of a floppy and then to launch a program from that floppy. Then I wanted to make a case with two black floppies, one 5.25 and one 3.5 (both included in the kit, but...
  5. F

Apple IIe with color monitor Apple M0401Z.

Hello, I would like to connect my Apple IIe to a colour monitor and I would like to use an Apple one. I have a M0401Z and it could be a good solution but I am not an expert in Apple HW and I know that Apple monitors are not so flexible. Do I have a chance?
  6. F

It seems that I cannot have an Archimedes.

Hello, I have been looking for an Archimedes at a decent price for years and then I found it. The issue is that I cannot get a clear image (and probably other issues) as it can be seen in the attached picture, using the mono connector that I suppose is a composite one, right? I have also...
  7. F

XT clone not booting (it prevents the PSU from starting).

Dear Group, I have a NoName clone with a strange behavior. If the PSU is not connected to the mobo and I turn it on, it starts and, for example, the HDD and the FDD turn on. If the PSU is connected to the mobo and I turn it on, nothing happens... the PSU remains turned off. Something in the...
  8. F

Apple IIe with weird screens at boot.

Dear Group, I was using my Apple IIe when something exploded in the external FDD Duo. After this, the Apple IIe has two behaviours: when the FDD card is inserted, "Apple II" appears on the screen without any other possibility (since the FDD is dead), and I think this is normal. If I remove...
  9. F

Robotron KC87 not booting.

Dear Group, I have a Robotron KC87 not booting. When I turn it on, the two leds immediately turn on and I have read that this is not good. 😔 My KC85/1 does not behave in this way. I have an RGB cable and (obviously) I get no image. I have read that it could be a dead CPU and/or ROM: is this...
  10. F

Robotron KC85/1 expansion cover.

Hello, I have a Robotron KC85/1 with the cover of the card slots that is missing. Does anybody knows if there is a file for 3D printing somewhere? Thank you
  11. F

Olivetti M280 keyboard error 8.

Hello, I thought it would be easy to find info about this error but I cannot find anything. Does anybody knows what error 8 means during keyboard bootstrap on early Olivetti computers? The keyboard seems rightly initialized but it does work. Thank you
  12. F

5.25 floppy repair (plastic part missing).

Dear Group, I have a 5.25 drive with the plastic cam missing. Ideas? I have a 3D printer and I could print something but I would need a file... the shaft is not round everywhere, there is a flat part.
  13. F

Amstrad 586 crazy PSU.

Hello, I have an Amstrad 586 that is making me crazy. I repaired twice the PSU but it goes on dieing! I have looked over the Internet for a layout (specifically for the PSU but all layouts would be welcome) but I have found nothing. Can somebody help? Thank you
  14. F

Paradise 38315B EGA blown capacitor.

Dear Group, I have been given a working Olivetti m280 with a dead EGA Paradise video card. A capacitor has blown and it has probably damaged the near one. Can somebody tell me which are the two capacitor types that I have to change? Thank you very much for the support
  15. F

Robotron KC85/1

Dear Group, I have a working KC85/1 from Robotron apart that the video signal is really really bad. I have looked over the Internet but I have found a good amount of doc ma no schematics. Does anybody know a site where to download some schematics? Thank you
  16. F

NanTan FMA2100.

Hello, I have been gifted of a NanTan FMA2100 laptop computer without the two batteries but in quite decent shape. The PSU connector should be a 2.5/5.5 mm. Can somebody advise me about the voltage and if the positive is on the tip or not? The computer can work WITHOUT the batteries? I attach...
  17. F

Apple Mac SE FDHD

Hello, just to be sure. The error in the photo from a Mac SE FDHD means a RAM module is "sick", right? Thank you very much for the quick help
  18. F

GRID 1755 not starting.

Hello, I have bought today a GRID 1755... I really wanted a GRID computer, even if a "modern" one... :-) The situation: ° there is no battery, removed from the plastic case; ° in battery plastic case the upper two wires have been connected while the other two are loose; ° if the battery case is...
  19. F

Commodore PC20-III with XT-CF.

Dear Group, I have bought a PC20-III with an XT-CF card but I cannot boot from the CF. The internal HD is not connected and the controller disabled. It is possible to do everything with the CF (FDISK, format, read, write, OS install...) but simply the computer does not want to boot from the it...
  20. F

NEC 6001 not working.

Dear All, just received a NEC 6001 not booting. It hangs in the attached first photo. After a while the screen changes a bit in the second type (with red bands). I completely do not know these machines and I have not yet opened it: any suggestion on where to start? Thank you
Back