• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. I

Some AM27S35 dumped

Hi all, I was trying to impose some order to the spare IC mess. I've found 4 AM27S35DC proms, date codes from 8322 to 8331. Marked as: LM8409 198F3 LM8412 193F3 LM8412 199F3 LM8413 195E3 LM8413 195F3 (this one seems marked twice) I can't recall where they come from. I've dumped them all and they...
  2. I

Fujitsu MB8866 compatibility

Hi all, simple question (I think): what other FDC controller is compatible with the MB8866 at software level? I'm not interested in pinout compatibility, just having something that doesn't need any software change. I guess the FD1791 is, as that seems hinted on the Fujitsu datasheet. Anything...
  3. I

Trade or sale: Tektronix uP LAB 8001/8002 PROMs

Hi all, I've recently got a large-ish set of various ROMs and I'm checking and sorting them all. I've found a few 82S115 PROMs that have a Tektronix part number on them: 160-0028-00 (8080 EMU PROM) 160-0027-00 (8080 EMU PROM) 160-0029-00 160-0025-00 It seems they belong to the 8001/8002A...
  4. I

Need MB7052 programming service (EU)

Hi all, as part of an arcade PCB repair (vintage cpu board, so kind on topic!), I need a new MB7052 256x4 TTL PROM. I can't program TTL proms with my current programmers (and I've been trying to find a suitable old Data I/O for years in EU, with no luck). I'm looking for someone that can program...
  5. I

"most useful" Apple II+ cards?

Hi all, I've just completed and tested my replacement for the 16K Language Card: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KPIAoO1dTU Now, what is the next most useful expansion card for a ][+ machine (actually an europlus)? I'm considering to make a PAL card, a Z80 card, an 80 column (MC6845 based)...
  6. I

anyone needing a IIe 80col/64k card?

Hi all, I have two 80 col/64k cards for the Apple IIe (and no IIe in sight in any near future). One card is original Apple, the other one is an italian clone (Asem). I'd swap one of them with a disk ][ interface card if anyone happens to have a surplus one. Due to shipping costs, this...
  7. I

C= 1571 repair in Australia?

Hi all, as some of you might know, I am good enough at repairing vintage computer things (mostly CBM, but not only). I've made a few videos of my repairs. One of my viewers, living in Australia, asked me if I could repair his 1571 disk drive. Now, I'm sure I could, but shipping costs from and to...
  8. I

Apple //e wikipedia page

Hi all, I'm not exactly an Apple expert, but I surely have a long enough record of repairs (starting in the middle 1980s). Now, the Apple //e wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_IIe currently states: "The IIe also switched to using newer single-voltage 4164 DRAM chips instead...
  9. I

Sunshine IC tester info?

Hi all, I've got this old Sunshine IC tester, I believe it was used in a IIe, now long gone. Does anyone have any information about it? A copy of its software would be very welcome of course. Thanks in advance! Frank
  10. I

Apple ][+ with no keyboard?

Hi all, sorry for the stupid question but I haven't seen many of these in my life (yet). Can an apple ][ europlus (rev.7 motherboard) start normally with no keyboard attached? I mean with the flat cable's dip connector removed from the motherboard. I ask because the keyboard is composed of two...
  11. I

Curious 2001N fault

Hi all, I've just received a 2001N (32k, Basic4) PCB to repair. The owner said it was working for few seconds, then the cursor disappeared and after that, it just displayed the usual garbage screen. Within the first inspection I've found a 4116 chip split in half. This board has all ceramic...
  12. I

ASTEC AA11040C repair

Hi All, I'm in a apple II repair month :) I have this Astec AA11040C supply that had the usual smoked rifa X2 capacitor. Other than that, it's outputting about 5.5V on the +5V line and 13V on the +12V line. However, with a 7 ohm load on +5V, the rail goes to 5.0V. I'll check the ESR of all...
  13. I

Power supply first

Why following the correct checklist is always good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZhkVyW394Y
  14. I

Apple II floppy disk card

Hi all, I've got a nice Apple II europlus to repair. Unfortunately, it has no cards. I have in my spare box a few RAM, 80 cols, super serial cards and a few more, but no floppy disk drive cards (though I have a spare disk drive). Is there any project to make a compatible card or I better roll...
  15. I

"vcfed" equivalent for arcade machines?

Hi all, I'm going to get my first arcade PCB to repair (I got one from ebay, just to have fun). It's a Galaga clone, pre-jamma of course. I don't know yet how close to the original schematic this clone is. However, what would be the right place to ask for informations about these kind of...
  16. I

keyboard for Apple II clones?

Hi all, I'm in search of an affordable Apple II clone. I'm not interested in the Apple logo, so I'm just looking for something cheap and even not working, as I believe I can fix it anyway. I've seen a few clones on ebay, the ones really looking as the original II or IIe, in other words, the ones...
  17. I

Ati fdd-820

Hi all, does anyone know anything about this third part apple II floppy disk drive? Is it a 96TPI drive as the model name suggests (820Kbytes capacity maybe). Did it require a particular controller or software? Thanks in advance. Frank
  18. I

Setting auto answer modems for V.21 fallback?

Hi all, not really "hardware" but I don't know if another forum is more suitable(?). I'm setting up a test bed for modems, well, mostly for old modems like acoustic couplers and 300-1200 bps modems. Now, in this part of the world, 300 bps means V.21 modulation. I've settled for an asterisk...
  19. I

5 pin DIN current loop pinout?

Hi all, I'm still having fun restoring the two '70s acoustic couplers. They have both an RS-232 interface (DB-25F) and a 5-pin DIN (not a common type, no center pin, all pins spaced evenly on 360 degrees). I'm guessing it's for 20mA current loop, all 5 pins have a wire connected. I've so far...
  20. I

Moore Reed T.C. 301 Acoustic Coupler

Hi All, one more wooden box acoustic coupler. This one is a Moore Reed And Company Limited (Andover, England) model T.C. 301. As always, I'm looking for any informations, schematics, manual, anything really. I have not opened it yet, it was made using a lot of foam material that turned into a...
Back