• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. T

Tell me about the word, the word from the IRD

I can’t get a 286 to post. There is no corrosion. The board only has ISA slots. After trying two ISA/PCI POST cards, all I get is an unlit IRDY LED, although it is unclear if the IRDY signal only refers to PCI signals. (Searches for IRDY error only results in discussions about POST cards.) There...
  2. T

My annual check/request if anyone has found the disks for an original Trackstar board

?It'd be cool to use my special set of skills. (Ok, I admit that just means using the company Altium license) to recreate the board once I have drivers to run it.
  3. T

"Vintage computer gaming and marketplace" sticky is a dead link.

"Vintage computer gaming and marketplace" sticky is a dead link.
  4. T

A way to find available ports?

I'm trying to run a memory card reader on a PII system. It has configurable address dip-switches, in the range of 210-3F0, but the default of 350 causes a lock-up when it gets to the driver in Config.sys. Is there a way to find available addresses? I suppose I could try iterating through every...
  5. T

Have a look at this CBM condition and let me know what you think...

I replaced the video ram, that doesn't seem to be the issue.
  6. T

Before I pile this back into the "fix when I retire" pile, one last push...

I'm trying to boot this Osborne Executive with a Gotek + FlashFloppy. I've tried configs for Shugart and IBM, nothing happens. Does anyone know of a Osborne Exec working with a Gotek, proving that it is possible?
  7. T

HX-20. It's a Trap!

This happens whenever I select Basic at startup. Anyone have a troubleshooting suggestion?
  8. T

The A2C flat screen attachment - grabbing mediocrity from the jaws of defeat

The original LCD being irreparable, I ordered a $28 VGA screen from eBay, which by shear luck fits perfectly inside the Apple //c screen. The razor-sharp display makes up for the size. I know it's sacrilicious, but I really hadn't much choice. I am quite pleased, the one thing lacking however...
  9. T

? Simultaneous use of Tecmar Jr. Captain and JRIDE?

I'd like to us the printer port for ZIP drive IO, so I'm wondering if it is a bad idea to use the Jr. Captain RAM/Parallel card at the same time as a JRIDE? I think it may be possible to disable the Captain RAM with dip switches, or physically remove the RAM from the JRCap? I wonder if anyone...
  10. T

T1K Mystery: Trackstar, Gotek, and Floppies

Here's what we know: The A: Gotek with FlashFloppy works fine, whether connected directly to the MB, or through the Trackstar floppy adapter, the Gotek boots DOS 3.2. The B: Teac 54B floppies, which have been modified for Trackstar use, show no signs of life other then the activity LED... none...
  11. T

Shopgoodwill.com discussion

The era of great deals has pretty-much passed. Shipping usually takes the cost of a five dollar bargain to a twenty dollar not-so-great deal. Anyways, https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/59740765 Someone's clever method of pirating PC games?
  12. T

Model 1 reading 20v on Z2 pin 11. It doesn't seem happy about it.

I've tested the power supply going in, and that is well. Could bad RAM make the relay click like this? As usual, I've jumped the gun in titling the thread, pin 11 is 20V in, and pin 10 is correctly reading 12V out.
  13. T

YAN-8032: Yet Another CBM 8032 conundrum... 2.5v supply voltage on some ICs?

After fitting a Tynmouth RAM and ROM replacement, as well as new video RAM, the underlying video circuitry on this troublesome 8032 seems to be working OK. The POST sound goes on, but there are no displayed characters. Removing the character chip fills the screen with green rows, as expected...
  14. T

Apple //c lcd screen repair?

I have an Apple LCD (The little one like https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Apple_IIc_with_LCD_display.jpg) that has developed some missing rows. I tried the heat-dragging repair method used on GameBoys, with no success, the problem seems to be the glue used underneath the display that...
  15. T

?setup XTIDE v4 in Amiga 2000 w8086 card

I've added an XTIDE rev 4 card to an Amiga 2K, but have no idea what to set all 16 dip switches to for this config, and Google has failed me. Is there any guidance you can give? What I've found so far is that the ROM address is fine at the default of D000, but I've no idea what IRQ to use, and...
  16. T

Tandy 1000a and the mystery of the missing chip

My Tandy 1000a boots with an error about "port B on the 8255" chip not working. Sounds like a simple swap, IF any IC were labeled with anything like "8255" and/or if there were a schematic available for the 1000a anywhere on the internet. (Only 25-1000 seems to be available.) I'm going to...
  17. T

//e compatibility card conundrum

I have a //e card in a Color Classic Mac, with some slight limitations. The internal floppy in the Mac is dead. The Y-cable is missing, so i cannot use external A2 drives. The BMOW floppy emu can't handle prodos floppy images. This would seem a dead-end, however I do have a scsi2sd installed so...
Back